1.08.2011

3 - Cheap and Tawdry



Hat - Vintage, Sweater - Vintage, Skirt - Vintage, Jacket - S.W.O.R.D., Shoes - Forever 21, Faux Fur Hat - Flea Market, Earrings - Konstantino, Crocodile and Orange Ring - Flea Market, Lipstick - Revlon Wine Not Matte ColorStay


I love looking at fashion blogs, but frequently run into one of two problems: 1) I could never afford anything featured on the website or 2) My favorite featured garments are vintage, and I have to resign myself to the fact that I will never find anything comparable. Since this ensemble is so heavy on thrifted garb, I figured I'd take some pre-emptive measures to alleviate the latter issue.

Thus, I present to you a collection of items that are very similar to the above look's components:
1. Pleated Skirt from Nastygal - $78 (a little spendy, but very cute)
2. Leather Jacket from Forever 21 - $30 (!)
3. Chunky Knit Sweater from Shotwell SF - $172
4. Taupe Lace-Up Ankle Boots from GoJane - $16 (!)
5. Faux Fur Raccoon Hat from Ebay - $14

What are your favorite affordable places to shop online?


6 comments:

  1. Just saw this outfit over on Chictopia and loved it instantly! I always see colourful skirts like this in charity shops, which I'd love to buy, but can never figure out a good way to style. This outfit is just perfect styling and has given me definite inspiration to go forth and purchase one! Awesome, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discover this blog via Chictopia, and your looks are AMAZING!

    This one, in particular, is PERFECT, love the fur hat, the skirt and the way you knotted that shirt!

    I wish I could follow you!


    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt


    StylePicks
    http://stylepicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit!! Just perfect. The older looks are also great..love your style!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a great sense of style! Love all your looks!

    http://thestylevoyager.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great blog! I just found you on Chictopia! This look is so great! Your style amazing. I am now following your blog :)

    Check out mine if you would like

    Love,
    Kate
    http://thefancifieds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete