1.26.2011

Interlude - Inspiration

I am officially in love with Texas. Today I went to a place called Bargain Box, which sells slightly damaged Neiman Marcus goods at ridiculous prices. I got a Catherine Malandrino motorcycle jacket, a Phillip Lim belt, a James Perse pullover, and a Neiman Marcus brand double breasted motorcycle zip sweater (I know, right?) all for under $150! You will see photos soon, I promise.

In the meantime, it's time we have a serious talk about how amazing Gregg Araki is. I remember being in high school and flipping out over his Teen Apocalypse trilogy. The Teen Apocalypse trilogy consisted of three movies: Totally Fucked Up, Doom Generation, and Nowhere. Notable stars include James Duvall, Rose McGowan, Mena Suvari, Parker Posey, Christina Applegate, Ryan Philippe, Heather Graham, Denise Richards, Traci Lords, Shannen Doherty, and John Ritter. Nowhere was by far my favorite. Sarah Jane Slotnik was the costume designer and I think I love her. Here are some movie stills from Gregg Araki's work:

Crop tops, pastels, leather jackets, bobbed hair, fringe, and sunglasses. YES.


1 comment:

  1. aghhh I love this

    http://berealbehappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete