Suede-Panel Sweater - H&M, Leatherette Leggings - GET, Shoes - H&M, Vest - Vintage, Jewelry - Konstantino & Flea Market
In my real non-internet life, the general consensus is that I look like David Bowie. I mean, David Bowie is rad and all, but as a lady (and believe me, I am a lady in every sense of the word *curtseys*), it's not exactly what I'd like to hear. I'd much prefer that someone tell me I look like Shannyn Sossamon or something. A girl can dream!
Well that covers Part 1 of 2 from this post's title. Now for the Oakland booty: I literally split these legging in two today pulling them on. No lie -- the whole back seam just came right open, as though I were a nerdy cartoon character humiliating myself on the first day of junior high school. I left the leggings split open for a while (in true Liz Lemon fashion), until I finished eating my Pocky, after which I hand-stitching them right back up. So, this title is my homage to Sir Mix-A-Lot's infamous callout for a girl with an "LA Face and an Oakland Booty", but Madeline-ified.
In other news, a reader asked me about a particular shade of lipstick I was wearing in a post. All of my lipsticks are Revlon. I used to be a diehard Sephora loyalist, but these Revlon lipsticks totally blow my mind and they are uber-affordable. The matt ones are the best. Shades I wear (from lighted to darkest) are: Strawberry Suede, Kiss Me Coral, Fabulous Fig, Wine Not, and Black Cherry. Geez, how rad would that job be -- to name lipsticks? DREAM JOB ALERT. I would name them things like "Plum-meting to the Ground with a Faulty Parachute", "Get Red-y", or "Pink-y Toes Get Severed First When You Are Kidnapped for Ransom". I really see a future in this for me. At any rate, the Revlon lipsticks are awesome and I highly recommend them.
I think it's about time for another Reader Round-Up. Here are some cool things y'all got going on with your blogs:
1. Isis from Novella-Vintage posted this awesome picture of herself:
2. Kirstie from Eccentric without Reason did a great post on Lindsay Thornburg's Cloaks line using Pendleton Wool:
3. Izumihiiiflower posted some amazing photos from an amazing magazine editorial, but I am painfully American and have no clue what the shoot was about because I am, sadly, mono-lingual.
4. Taylor from Things on Hangers confused me because I couldn't tell if this picture was of her or of a supermodel with whom I ought to have been familiar. It's her. Way to be really, really ridiculously good-looking, Taylor.
5. Liana from Fashion Bag 411 posted this really cool photo of herself:
Furthermore, this week I fell in love with Ms. Margaret Shaw of Fashionlitter. She is PERFECT.
And, additionally, I am lusting after this netted dress in the Crystallized Vintage eBay store.
Buy it for me! KTHNXBYE.