30 - DIY: D00d, I'm yellow.

Turban - Forever 21, Jacket - Catherine Malandrino, Tank Top - American Vintage, Skirt - Handmade DIY, Socks - J. Crew, Shoes - Sam Edelman, Jewelry - Konstantino + Flea Market + Costume Shop, Bag - Vintage from Yoshi Now!

Is there something sick about the fact that "biker gypsy" is my go-to look? This skirt is totally unfinished. I had two old, super-cheap fabrics that I hacked together into a two-tone skirt, sans hem or waistband. Woohoo private art school education! I really love the printed fabric though. I keep thinking I'll do something spectacularly tacky and wonderful with it, but it has not yet happened. At any rate, I mixed it with a striped top for a little subtle clash.

So I've been thinking a lot about hair lately. My hair is just driving me nuts. Anyone who likes to change their hair frequently understands the frustration of awkward in-between phases. It's not short, it's not long, I have bangs, I don't have bangs. Blah. All sorts of strange ideas keep popping into my head.

"Maybe I should get a perm and dye my hair pink, then dye my eyebrows bright red."

The longer I think about it, the more it seems like a perfect idea. Don't try to talk me out of it! What would Katy Perry do if she were on a lot of acid -- or-- WWKPDISWOALOA? That's my new life motto, which explains why I bought a Jeep and hot-glued Troll dolls and cotton candy to the roll bar.

All of that aside, here are some cool things at which I've been a-lookin', most of 'em hair-related:

And that's where we're at. I am eagerly awaiting Margaret's eyebrow-bleach, which I anticipate to be supremely inspirational.


  1. Ok, so first of all- I looove this outfit. There is most definitely nothing wrong with Gypsy Biker.
    On to the hair dillema- I had like a full-on Rosemary's Baby cut back in '08 (which happened to coincide with my wedding...might regret that twenty years from now), and went through the vaguely terrifying growing out stage for what seemed like forever. But really, once it finally got past my shoulders I was so happy that I didn't do anything drastic back when I felt mullet-esque.
    Oh, and the eyebrow bleach is happening in a couple days- it might be good, and it might be very, very scary. We shall seeee.

  2. I'm in love with that bag. I'd hijack it if I could.
    Also I need a turban tutorial. Aka how does one rock that shyeet.

  3. I had to leave a comment here to. I'm so glad i found you through chictopia, your blog is amazing. I find your style so inspiring!! Gorgeous looks!

    Love Iben

  4. That skirt is amazing! I am so bad at DIY's, I would say 85% of the time I buy something to DIY, I end up ruining it. I also want your turquoise cuff. You own a lot of great jewelry.

  5. This is such a cool outfit! i love ur blog!

  6. LOVE that skirt and the bag.
    thank you for all of the awesome photos in this post :) so many inspirational shots.