3.14.2011

44 - LA, I think you are trying to blind me or something.

It's all vintage, except for the bag, which is from Ross Dress for Less (because I am a woman of class and distinction), the shoes, which are Jeffrey Campbell, and the jewelry, which is a hodgepodge of Konstantino and things from the flea market.

I'm starting to realize that my wardrobe is all over the board. I think the only running theme is that upon getting dressed, I look in the mirror and say, "Oh good, this is kind of funny." That's really my only prerequisite, I think. 

In other news, I started a Tumblr, where I will probably just post pictures of my six favorite bloggers over and over again -- apologies to them in advance. I am calling my Tumblr "TUMBLARRRRRRRRRR" ... you know, like as though I were a dinosaur.

Today, I wanted to take the opportunity to share with you one of my favorite people on the planet, Mr. Brian Kanagaki. Brian is my ex-boyfriend-turned-BFF and he does all SORTS of amazing things. Also, he ain't too shabby on the eyes. Brian designs tee shirts for lots of big impressive companies, makes art, owns a book-publishing company called Perryman Press, models, acts in silly little commercials, tours the world in two rad bands, and helps design bags and clothes. I know right? HOW IS HE REAL???? I just convinced him to start a blog, because he is all sorts of awesome. I highly recommend that you check him out here:





Now, let's all send him love letters and stuff!

*******************************************************

Also, I feel that it is necessary to acknowledge the crisis in Japan. Please note that I am a person with an overwhelming, cirppling sense of empathy, and were I to properly acknowledge the true horror of the situation there, I would not be able to leave bed for a week. In order to maintain my wits as best possible, I will refrain from any detailed commentary and instead encourage you to read the words of many other bloggers who have poignantly addressed the necessity of aid and assistance. We are privileged to be able to discuss what Rumi so eloquently described as "frivolous things" in this time of incomparable struggle.

10 comments:

  1. ohh you work that daniel boone look girl ;) love it. and i agree, i am more bothered by other people's pain than my own. but i appreciate your recognition of it. i think that's important

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those pants are awesome! And so is that treehouse photo you have. but you have tattoos!?! It's the first time I've ever seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, first of all, because I think you are one of the coolest people in the style blogger universe, I kinda feel cooler by association that you consider me one of your favorite six bloggers. SO. A super creepy-sounding thanks for that.

    Also, I think your ex-boyfriend is really attractive, and I feel the need to warn you that I will be copycatting you at some point by attaching interesting pins to my denim vest. I know people do that a lot, but it is almost never done well, so way to go.

    Lastly, I thought of another secret Nazi corporation to boycott (I was most definitely a History major). Hugo Boss. Look it up- they manufactured the freakin SS uniforms!

    Sorry for another "War and Peace" length comment- I should just start emailing these. I might look less bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm not gonna comment your outfit, because COME ON NOW!!!! Perfection has its limits! :P :P You know HOW MUCH I adoooore your style, so moving on.

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you take a pic of your tattoo?? I'm obsessed with them, and if mom would let me, I would have five or more by now! I loooove them! So please, can you make me this favor? :)

    And also your ex-bf and now friend seems to be a very very interesting person! How does he manage to do all these things? o.O!!! And he is very talented as well! :)

    Anyway, ok, I have to tell you once more that you're amazing andI will never get bored to say this! I'd really like to meet you someday, I feel that you're a person worth spending time with... Or at least that's how I feel :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i freaking adore this outfit. i loooooove it :) I wish i owned your closet haha :)

    http://articulateflirtation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great outfit! i looove your style and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're in my top THREE fave blogger category.. how do you like them apples? & pants twinsies indeed.. although you always look so cool & profesh in your pictures & I look like a deer caught in headlights so you win this round ma dear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your jewelry! the skull is awesome!
    great style girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. stop being so awesome . you make all other bloggers inferior hahahaha . that large stone necklace of yours , NEEEEED .

    ReplyDelete