3.16.2011

45 - Why, hello. I am a lady today. Also, here is a discount code.

Hair bow - Urban Outfitters, Jacket - Catherine Malandrino, Beaded Sheer Shirt - Secondhand from my great aunt, Shorts - Cutoff vintage Armani, Jewelry - Konstantino (nearly all of it today!), Shoes - Sam Edelman, Purse - Forever 21

I put my hair up in this awkward updo today with the intention of tying a scarf around it. However, when I reached into my scarf drawer, I accidentally pulled out this little buddy: a grey headband affixed with an oversized bow. This was an impulse buy from Urban Outfitters' online clearance section roughly three years ago, and I have not once worn it. I'm not traditionally much for bows and frills. However, I thought it was kind of funny paired with the leather jacket. I felt like a member of The Chiffons meets Sha Na Na or something. 

In other news -- AND THIS IS EXCITING -- the kind folks at Tobi are offering a discount for readers of my blog! You just enter GREIGE20 when you check out, and you get 20% off. Tobi is a great online store based out of San Francisco. I think one of my old college chums is actually a stylist there, now that it crosses my mind. At any rate, I have always loved Tobi, but thought that everything there would far exceed my $30 rule, since they have taste and I am cheap...ermmm, I mean, fiscally conscious. However, when I went browsing their website again, looking to take advantage of my own blogger code (because I am a classy lady, let me tell you), my brain started exploding from cool-stuff-at-affordable-prices overload. Seriously, I'm still recovering.

 $13 
I really want a pair of biker shorts to wear under my cut-offs.

 $18
Uh, yeah, hi, I need this shirt in order to live.

$20

$51

$20

$20

$20

$21
With boots!!!

$22

$24

$27

$28
This is the perfect bra to wear under sheer shirts!

$29

$32
You'd have to belt this thing, but oh my gosh, wouldn't it be rad belted?

$34
NEED.

$39
Is that Liz from Late Afternoon?!

$50

I think I want to get the lace-up shirt, the pants, the grommet skirt, the bra, the biker shorts, and a pair of sunglasses. What do y'all think?

15 comments:

  1. Great look, reminds me of a neo-50s greaser. Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all your choices! And I'd go for the first pair of sunglasses. :p

    Also, I'm happy to find that my mind was not playing tricks on me. You really ARE wearing a bow on your head! I mean, wow. And you know what's really awesometastic? It looks good on you. :3

    PS
    Why, I do believe that is Liz! Like a really really weird, photoshopped version of her? Hmm. @.@

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL to your comments under these pics! Although it could be Liz... ok, kinda of...

    So, explain! How can you look gothic and fierce with a Minnie bow on your head? Is it a gift or something? :) I loooove it though! And I love your denim shorts too, I'm sure I couldn't fit in there, because you are so so skinny, but I ca still dream :) Anyway, there is no need to go on and on! You became my number 1 fahion blogger along with Chiara from The Blonde Salad! :D :D

    And you have GORGEOUS eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get the grommet top! And also, the pants in the third to last photo. I love them. There was a Something Else shirt on Tobi that I was stalking for awhile and I will end up using your code if it's still there...

    I am still so envious of your leather jacket. It looks so soft and perfect. Mine is from the little boys section of the thrift store and I can't bend my arms when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit are everytime fantastic!!
    I love in particulare the black jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so pretty. I love the jacket. M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair bow! and love your style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice selection!
    I discovered your blog thanks to Slanelle interview and I love it!

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahaha, I love "I need that shirt in order to live". I feel that way about so many things.

    Lovely picks! - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog, I love it you are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bow is cool- it does look sort of "old school girl band" with the jacket.
    Also, I have that MinkPink leopard print cropped thing, and it's really good. I highly recommend! Can't believe that it's only twentysomething dollars. Ughh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great outfit! i love your shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this outfit and the shirt and jewelry really caught my eye and now i want the.
    nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so stylish ! really love your blog !

    ReplyDelete