3.19.2011

47 - Jaundice-chic.


My favorite thing to do with makeup in the warmer months is to just put giant circles of eyeshadow or blush around my eyes. I usually do this with pink, but my favorite salmon-pink blush (typically reserved for this type of eye-maneuver) was nowhere to be found. Most likely, it was lurking in a zipped-up pocket of a seldom-used purse or something. I ended up using this yellow color instead. The end result is something I am calling jaundice-chic.

I thought that I was the only person ridiculous enough to just encircle my eyes in random colors, but then, about a month ago, the too-stunning-to-be-real-and-amazingly-stylish-and-smart-and-funny Britney from Disarming Darling posted a magazine editorial that featured makeup like this:


When I saw this, I had one of those moments where I was like, "Ohhhh, see that's what I've been trying to do." It's actually a very similar feeling to yesterday's post, when I found a picture of a girl who looked like the better version of me. In fact, our aesthetic is so similar that some commenters thought it WAS me and then I felt really guilty that I accidentally misled people into thinking I was this hubba-hubba hot model, so I edited to post to make sure everyone knows, and deleted the comments telling me how hot I was. Sorry guys. Whoa, tangent much?

8 comments:

  1. loveee ur eye makeup and clogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such amazing style, you're so inspiring! plus i love the circle-eyeshadow thing. i don't look good with it with my little asian eyes, but you pull it off well. the combination of items you put together always work fantastically together :)


    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the makeup! gonna have to give it a go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it & yellow is tricky. i think you pull it off perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. i´m always looking forward for new post on your blog. for me you are one of the best fashion bloggers! just love your style

    http://www.mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great eyeshadows!!
    you are really beautiful, lovely blog.)
    check mine, if you have a time.)
    tynasjotter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried pulling off that sort of eyeshadow before but I look so young that I felt kinda silly wearing much makeup at all. You make me want to try it again, though.

    I really adore this outfit. ♥

    ReplyDelete