3.22.2011

48 - Suburban Pre-Adolescent Notions of Anarchy

Hat - Vintage, Dress - American Apparel, Hoodie - Vintage, Vest - Vintage DIY Studded, Shoes - Deena & Ozzy, Jewelry - Konstantino + Flea Market

So, I basically bedazzled a vest. I really think that Martha Stewart would be proud. Someone asked for a denim studding tutorial. It's pretty "play it by ear" though. The hardest part is finding the studs. You'll have to locate a trims & notions store in your area that sells studs at retail to the public. You can find all sorts. I had these on hand, but I would love to get some rounded silver ones. The studs pop straight into the denim without any effort. They have little claws on the back, which you'll need to bend down. I use pliers to do this. Anywho, that's my two cents.

In other news, I think it's pretty funny that I've reverted back to my teenaged suburban self. I wish I hadn't thrown out my creepers. 

My brain has turned to much mush (see what I mean?!) from work overload, so I will spare you further inane ramblings.

Currently obsessing over:


21 comments:

  1. I absolutely love what you done to the jacket. Its so hot...You just inspired me a lot to do something inspired by studded jean jackets

    ReplyDelete
  2. and those sunnies are so cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found studs in the 'supplies' section of Etsy for really cheap! Like $3 for 50 of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually pretty impressed with your studding- every time I've attempted a studding project it hasn't worked out. I really want to wear that vest over a '90s floral babydoll dress with some pastel pink creepers. Oh, and those awesome sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i luv that vest...great job! i bought a whole slew of studs from m&j trimmings in ny when i was there. i think they sell them online as well.
    i threw out my creepers when i was younger...and rebought them last year cause i found them for only $40...great nostalgia! cant believe how much i missed them!

    ♥ thesoundoflace.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice bit of studding, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Studs can also be bought online, like ebay. In some cases, you can get 100 of them for but a few bucks. Spikes are more, though. (It's killing me that mine won't be in until sometime next month.) Though I haven't seen gold studs anywhere!

    Also, those shoes are all sorts of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh girl you are so amazing!! in love with this look <3


    http://www.mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog, you seem to be very creative!
    & the vest looks great (as i already told you on lookbook..) ;)

    xo
    http://vanillacoloredmoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vest looks great! Haha I laughed out loud at the title, awesome. Your shoes are also awesome, and I really like the contrast between that yellow stone oval-ish ring and the gold studs!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, i love the outfit and that vest! I also like the denim shredding. Maybe you could make a tutorial on that....? please? XD

    And those sunglasses ARE amazing haha :)

    http://articulateflirtation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovelovelove your shoes. Can you fold them up to make them look like ankle boots? Just curious... either way they are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heyy. Love your blog and clothes. Think you are one of my new faves.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am so in love with those deena & ozzy shoes. so so cute. I'm a recent follower of your blog (on bloglovin) and i really like your style. its very personal to you and i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I met you once at intelli!
    Anyway, you are amazin'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. we may somehow share brain cells because I just finished studding my jean vest yesterday. I really love how badass the gold studs look though. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this outfit - the jacket customising is amazing! I love your blog - i'm your newest follower, would love if you'd check out my blog too :)
    www.rosie-glow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty!!!!
    your shoes are love!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. This outfit is perfect !!

    the jacket is amazing !

    xx

    Candy

    ReplyDelete