4.28.2011

67 - Witchy Woman, We Meet Again

Top - $7 on eBay (it was like a horrible cell phone picture, and I totally took a gamble and it paid off!), Short - Courtesy of StyleSofia, Hat - Vintage, Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell, Necklace - $8 at the Flea Market, Other Jewelry - Konstantino + Flea Market

I had this turquoise and black outfit all planned out, then I hopped over to Autilia's blog and saw that she had just done the same thing! I told her that great minds think alike. She is a mega hottie. Today was a tough day for pictures, on account of it being so sunny, and I just decided to post a ton of photos rather than try to choose one that I actually like.

On to other business: I want to tell you a story. It is a story about these shorts, although it won't seem like it at first. The story starts with a seemingly irrelevant generalization about my own tendencies: when people comment on my blog, I always try to check their blogs out, too. One day, I received a lovely comment from Sam, whose blog is called Dream Cassette. I usually don't take a particular fancy to inspiration blogs, but I fell in love with hers. Everything is so well-selected, and sometimes she does cute things like establish narratives through photos. So, I started following and commenting on Dream Cassette, the whole shebang. "Woohoo!" I thought. "New blog friend!"

After a month or so of this, I received an email from Sam, who formally introduced herself to me. She told me that she runs an online store, stylesofia.com. Well, isn't that cool? It turns out that the shop is just as well-curated as her blog. And you know what? A lot of the website fits into my $30 rule. WIN. I emailed Sam back and basically proclaimed my undying love for her and the store, in particular, these shorts. Seriously, I even put them on my Tumblr, I loved them so much. Sam was kind enough to send me the shorts, as well as a grommeted denim shirt! Gah -- nicest person ever. So, here I am, wearing these shorts, and really, I'll probably wear them extremely frequently over the summer, and with outfits that show off their awesomeness a little bit more. I forced Sam to make a little banner for me to pop into my sidebar, because she is an awesome person doing awesome things, and I really like her shop and I think you might, too. In particular, I am in love with these styles which all fit into my $30 rule:



There are mega-rad higher-price items, too, but that's not exactly the way I roll, as you all know.  Actually, I have been finding a lot of really great inexpensive online shopping destinations lately, so I'll be sharing that info with y'all in posts to come.

18 comments:

  1. ohh i love you with this lighter makeup look! yous gawgeous. :) and the turquoise jewelry is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is amazing! There are really great items on her site.. Those shorts with the polka dots are great! I like your fringe top so much! It is perfect.. I cant wait for warm weather so I can wear less clothes! hah.


    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love this outfit. It has a great southwestern vibe to it. I seriously can't believe you found that top for seven dollars. What sort of top is it? Open-knit?

    I may just have to save up and buy those shorts for myself. After buying my Insight Chakra tank and seeing it modeled on Lulu's with black leather shorts, I had been really wanting to find some wet look pants, but the decent ones I found were too expensive. While I'd rather find wet look pants, those shorts might be a good middle ground. Bookmarked that shop for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great pics and finds! I too love a good deal. Pretty much won't buy anything over $40. I will be sure to check out StyleSofia.com. I always wondered what that was on your side bar. Thanks for sharing the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this outfit! you look amazing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really did luck out on that Ebay top. It's awesome. Love the shorts, too. I checked out Dream Cassette and it really is an amazing inspiration blog.
    Also. I am still in love with your hair/eyebrows. K, that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look gorgeous ! and thank you !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! And your shoes look amazing!! LOVE THEM!!
    Xoxo, K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay. This might sound crazy and I don't typically give comments but...two days ago, I stumbled upon your blog through Lookbook (randomly, as I only sometimes go there to seek inspiration) and after reading the first post, I immediately realized that you are my real-life hero. I proceeded to go through your entire blog for the rest of the night and not eat and not sleep and not study. Your radness deprived me of all the necessities of life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the shorts! xo

    http://louisejoyb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore le truc à Frange !! La sélection de fringue est top <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. this whole outfit is amazing, i've not seen the lanas worn before, they look brilliant on you!

    http://styliseddialogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great site! Thanks for sharing it. I totally subscribe to the $30 rule as well so this is perfect (although those galaxy wedges make me want to break all my rules!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING BLOG!
    Just discovered you and I'm literally like 'WAUW'. Every outfit of yours is so insanely beautiful :-)
    You kinda rock, girl!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing! i really like when you have this light make up :) it very suits you and you have a wonderful face

    http://mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heyyyyy girl! Both our articles are up on Swide and I am looking at yours right now! Yay! And I am glad you did that video tutorial, it was great. That top and necklace are fantastic. Top was a good EBAY gamble.... I've made some bad ones in the past myself due to crappy photos.

    ReplyDelete