6.07.2011

82 - She's a Lady

 Romper - Vintage, Vest - Vintage from eBay, Pelt - Vintage, Shoes - Alice & Olivia for Payless purchases secondhand from Crossroads, Jewelry - Konstantino + Vintage + DIY + Flea Market + Gifted

I'm finally back in LA! Whew. Las Vegas was a ton of work, so much so that these photos are from before I left -- I just didn't have any time to post. Let me tell ya, I am not looking forward to jumping on a plane on Saturday for NY. I just want some R&R. The title of this post is a little Vegas homage. Las Vegas always makes me think of Tom Jones for some reason.

The highlight of my trip was meeting one of my coworkers from a satellite office in person. She and I talk on the phone frequently for business, but had not yet been face-to-face. Let me tell you, she is spectacular. She is in her mid-50s and it super petite, and she wears bohemian garb like beaded velvet burnout caftans. She told me that when she was my age, she bought blonde afro wigs and wore those, as well as turbans into which she would tuck all of her hair. We bonded over a mutual love for Bowie, Marc Bolan, Roxy Music, and the like. 

It's always so nice to see someone who is a bit older than you and think, "That! That is what I want to look like when I am that age!" It's difficult being in that state of limbo where you are technically an adult but are still coping with lingering Peter Pan syndrome and don't ever want to really grow up, and it is refreshing to see someone mature and dress for their age without losing their personality. 

Have you guys seen the Evil Twin jewelry line yet? You should know by now that I'm a sucker for a good bolo, as well as unnecessarily complicated things and super black-metal things. 'Ello gorgeous.



All of these are available at Market HQ, which is a super rad Australian web shop. I've been meaning to do a whole post on how great their styling is, actually, but that will have to wait for another time!

37 comments:

  1. aw, this was the day of our thrifting excursion! you looked so gorgeous! i'm so glad you survived vegas... you'll be leaving for NY on the day that i get back to LA- let me know when you're back so we can do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why you hadn't updated in a week! (Because it was implied your trip to NY was on hold.) I always love seeing that vest of yours. I have a leather jacket quite like that (lots of leather fringe), but it's super big and I'll probably have to just sell it off. Could always shop for a fringe leather vest with the money...

    Gah, that Occulted Slave Bracelet. I was going to save up my tips for a tattoo, but now I'm torn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we must be sharing brain waves because I have an evil twin ring en route to me as we speak. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More and more great jewelry! And I love Market HQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love everything here, the print mixing is fabulous and your jewelry is fantastic! Simply perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh the jewelry is great! Always loved Evil Twin but never checked out their jewelry before. Very nice!

    Cad
    http://cadattack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I love this vest and the "Mary Poppins" bag ;-) I love meeting older women like that! My Grandma was one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That woman sounds awesome! I love your outfit, as usual! Your socks are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you could possibly be any more perfect. Your style sings eccentricity, and beauty... love love love



    hope to hear from you*!
    www.amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks are so sick! Looking good. Jewellery are pretty cool! Great stuff they've there in Australia. Mau!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful outfit! Glad to hear you had a good trip. And your colleague sounds inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that dress and those socks :>

    Baby It's All Gone

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your outfit!!!
    And the last necklace is amazing!!!

    xx
    http://sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! your outfit is amazing, i love your bag so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are stunning! i love all the mixed prints and piled on accessories! You are so great at that.
    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi girl! I really love your bag and jewelry.
    this style boho-chi was amazing!
    Kisses ~.~
    Flávia from Brazil
    (Affair with my closet)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That romper is fantastic, and so are those earrings. I was in LA this weekend... was amazing. I made it to the flea market finally!! Hope you had fun in Vegas and hope you enjoy your NY trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! I love that carpet bag with the romper, and your jewelry is completely covetable, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this outfit! your dress and that bag! mixing patterns is my favorite. you pull it off perfectly.

    my acting professor is my older lady fashion inspiration. she's wonderful.

    love.

    -tracilavois [of the foxes]

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look awesome beautiful outfit doll and your co worker sounds amazing good to hear she has not given into her age and that jewellery rocks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look amazing!! i really wish red lips suited me as well as they suit you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. "luck on ev'ry fingr" it says on the cover of crooked rain crooked rain. more and more and bigger and bigger necklaces and rings is: GOod. this outfit showowed me.
    the endless plus is the shoes and socks shoes from the 21st century how it would have been if the 70s science fiction pulp writers woulda been right.

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome jewellery and the fishnet socks!! hehe xxx
    Check out my blog-
    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/
    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always look so pretty jean :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow you look so good! I love your boots and the vest. And the accessories you've put with it. :)

    Fashion and Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome jewelry! and pretty lip color :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. hmmm you look stunning and definitely very ladylike : )
    Do you have a hair tutorial on this hairstyle?

    Also I want to know if you would like to be featured on my company's blog. Here's an example:http://midwest-vintage.com/blog/?p=273

    I would really really love to have you!
    Let me know!

    Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  28. hot shoes
    and your exquisite jewelry collection always amaze me
    love

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely love this! That bag is beautiful.

    http://thisisalsovulgar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete