6.30.2011

88 - Arizona Iced Tea + My Favorite Song by The Germs = Two Minutes of Bliss

 Eyeshadow - Make Up Forever, Dress - Vintage Sweater, Belt - Vintage (Boyfriend's), Boots - Steve Madden, Jewelry - All o'er the place but specifically...Jagged Crystal Necklace - Courtesy of OAK NYC (A. OK Line)

So, I'm sitting here watching my favorite TV show of all time, X-Files, and Mulder (interjection: David Duchovny and Tea Leoni split up again, and while I certainly never would wish bad juju upon anyone's love life, that does mean that David Duchovny is currently on the market, and I know Britney is already designing a mastermind plan to snag him up, and she has some fierce competition form Yours Truly in that regard -- forget Don Draper, ain't nobody wear a suit like Fox Mulder) gets stuck in a Bermuda Triangle time warp, ending up on a boat in 1939 that has been overtaken by Nazis. That's, like, the worst possible place to which one might potentially time warp, but it made me lust after the abstract notion of time travel in general. 

TAKE MY WARDROBE TO ANY TIME BETWEEN 1964-1978, PLEASE.

In spirit of this new ridiculous fascination with time warping to another extremely stylish era, I bring to you a bunch of random vintage or vintage-inspired things with which I have fallen in love:








I think those JCs might be my next non-thrift purchase. Also, Gypsy Warrior is having a sale right now, according the email I found in my inbox today -- 24% Off if you enter the code AMERICA. Do y'all have your 4th of July outfits planned out? The general dress code for 4th of July is an American flag swimsuit + cut-offs, I think.

PS: It's "Circle One"... my favorite Germs song.
PPS: Midwest Vintage did a lil' interview with me here. I swear I'm going to get better about linking to my interviews.
PPPS: Did anyone see me in Nylon Japan? My old college friend Yuki said she saw me in the magazine while she was getting her hair did, presumably in Japan, but I haven't seen it!



33 comments:

  1. This...is probably my new favourite outfit of yours. I am adoring that wicked cool hairstyle of yours, and your eye makeup. I'd be terrified of leaving the house with that colour on my eyes, which is possibly my inspiration for trying now.

    I have no idea what my 4th of July outfit will be. This town celebrates it on the Saturday preceeding it, because that's the best day to hold their 4th of July parade and fireworks. Lucky me, I get to work smack-dab in the middle of that day, so I'll be wearing a polo and jeans. On the actual day, though, I'll probably have my American flag peace sign shirt fringed by then! (Hopefully.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh "The X files" it's my favorite TV show too. I had a crush on Mulder :)
    Your jewellery is amazing, and I just love your eye make up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is just too good. I cant get over it! And all of those items are amazing, especially the boots.. gwah! I am jealous of your hair now too! I love how you did it today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post. X-files scared the shit out of me when I was a kid (I would always sneak down the stairs to watch it without my parents realizing, and all I remember is seeing these obscure images that made me shrink under the covers every time I heard the theme song), but I still have the hugest crush on Mulder.
    I'm also loving everything about this look, from the eyes and hair, to the simplicity of your all black outfit. Nice item picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sweater and blet are amazing! Love the whole look and make-up!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!! what a lovely arrangement of locks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. been eyeing those JC's for a while now. They need to be on my feet

    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even talk about how jealous I am of that sweater/dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your feet in that first picture in the most non-creepy way possible. & nylon japan! that's way sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no joke, (and i never say no joke), you have always have the coolest jewelry. really digging the eye makeup as well! contrasts so well

    if you're ever bored...
    http://www.moonriverr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, i love just about everything you put together though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooow amazing look.... love ;)



    FASHION PEOPLE: PIPPA MIDDLETON- Preppy Chic Style
    http://magmoiselle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always look the coolest. Love your hair this way! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so, didn't you always want Mulder and Scully to totally make out? I did.

    They like never did, unless I missed an episode.

    Maybe you and brit are happy about that. I still have loose ends. Oh, ya, and I want to know more about alien encounters on any X-Files related spin-off show. Anything. More of that, PLEASE.

    Dirty Hair Halo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is full of pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. x-files is one of my favorite tv shows too:)Scully is awesome, not many women can run as fast as her in high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg i love your outfit! simple and confy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous! love your haair here x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow, you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am swooning over those boots of yours! Love the eye make up too :)

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So lovely!

    You've got a cute blog, maybe you'd like to follow each other?

    fashionwhit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sort of speechless from these photos. All I can say is that you have such a unique sense of style that never fails to amaze me! :] And your posts are written super funny which entertains me tons!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great outfit as always :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. you always have very simple, but lovely hairdos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so beautiful ! love your dress/ sweater, I want the same :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your makeup in this here post xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Madeline, you are so sweet for mentioning me in your list of rad blogger inspirations. I swear to be a better blogger, you are lovely, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello,
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site!
    Keep up the good work.
    Arizona Iced Tea

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love X-Files! One of my favorite shows too, I'm always amazed at how awesome Mulder looks when he runs! Babein'.

    Only just found your blog, you look lovely! Those JC boots... oh my!

    Shikha
    Red Mera Vintage

    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. luv every ounce of this!!!

    www.lifeaccordingtoangel.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your hair and your make-up!!! Woaw! xxx

    ReplyDelete