7.02.2011

89 - This is the way that I imagine the Girl Scouts dress.

Hat & Vest - Boyfriend's Vintage, Shirt - Courtesy of OAK NYC's A. OK line, Shorts - Courtesy of StyleSofia, Socks - Courtesy of Ozone Socks, Boots - Vintage, Jewelry - Konstantino + Random, Sunglasses - Vintage from Flea Market, Bag - Army Surplus

You know what we haven't done in a while? Runway reviews, that's what. Without further adieu, I present for your consideration my 30-second ramblings regarding Resort 2012:

Acne, what do you even do? Like, I know I hear about you on the daily, but nobody ever sounds particularly excited about you. Fact: I have never once heard anyone say/blog/FB-status-update the equivalent of "ZOMG new Acne collection just blew my mind". But why not? I mean, you totally managed to capture my favorite parts of the '60s and '80s and blend them together into this smokin' nerdy-cool-girl thing. Lindsay Weir of Freaks & Geeks, why didn't you just go for this look instead and totally own your 4.2 GPA or whatever?

It's like the 1960s and 1970s had some sort of amazing Barbie-doll love child and named it California Poppy Sunshine Delight.

Anna Sui, every time I see your collections, I can't help but wonder what it would be like to just fall asleep on a couch in your parlor room, surrounded by mixed brocades and prints, with the sun shining in through the windows as your sheer patterned curtains lightly waft in the breeze. I think that when I woke up from my mid-day nap, you would probably offer me raspberry lemonade, and I would quite like that.

Helmut Lang, you know exactly how I want to dress when I have burnt myself out on vintage-y colorful garments and maybe just want to look austere and vaguely menacing for the day. Menace never looked so inviting.

Whenever I see a Marni collection, I just burst out in a fit of giggles, clapping uncontrollably (this type of behavior only occurs otherwise when  David Duchovny appears on screen in front of me). There's just something so positively delightful about it all. How can you look at this and not be simply giddy over the sheer exuberance of it all? This collection makes me want to put hot rollers in the bottom half of my hair and lounge about the beach fully clothed and ride a vintage Schwinn cruiser up to a Dairy Queen outside window to order milkshakes.

I'm sorry Missoni, I can't really review this because I AM TOO BUSY TRYING TO CATCH MY BREATH. You literally took my breath away for a moment there. We can talk about this later, when my lungs have regained their ability to properly function and my fingers stop trembling (that's just something that happens when I am overwhelmed by pure awesomeness).

What a sight for sore eyes! Proenza Schouler, I have missed you so much. I don't know what strange shaky approximation of Proenza Schouler you've been for the past few seasons, but let me tell you, it is so nice to have you back!

Suno, you can do no...wrong. See what I did there? It kinda rhymed and stuff. What I like about Suno is that they manage to answer all of the questions I didn't even know that I had. For example, before I saw this collection, I didn't realize that I had been desperately wanting to look like my great grandmother's artistic interpretation of a parrot. Furthermore, I had no clue that for a very long while now, I have been madly craving a look that just screamed Little House on the Prairie meets Saved by the Bell. Thank you, Suno, for always being the best kind of nuts. You are like the girl with whom I always want to be friends, but by whom I am usually too intimidated to ever actually befriend.

Um, what? Really, Phillip Lim? You have officially broken my heart; this is the most disappointing thing I have ever seen. You should have just sent that white jacket in the middle down the runway on an otherwise naked girl because that's the only thing here that is exciting me. If you want to go steady, Spring better have a whole lot more crazy going on...and probably fewer gaucho pants. Who knows though, maybe by Spring I'll be totally into gaucho pants. I can't really predict these things.

Alexander Wang, you managed to produce three looks to which I am not thoroughly ambivalent. These babies are gold, but everything else was totally "meh" to me as per usual. You know, nothing wrong, nothing killer. Seriously, it's so strange being the only fashion blogger who doesn't freak out about Alexander Wang. If anyone out there wants to show me the light, by all means, explain away. I'd love to love you, baby.

EDIT: That's my dog. Her name is Mo-Dog and she is awesome.

30 comments:

  1. you're great :) like (your?) dog :) on one photo you look like a horse- oh, no, I'm kidding ;) you always look great! I like your eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
  2. waw!!

    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute, love all your faces. your dog is adorable too

    natalie

    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looooove this post ;D


    PEOPLE: The KATE MOSS WEDDING dress
    http://magmoiselle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude you are awesome. l o v e da reviews...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are so cute!
    I love the Marni collection

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this post. your dog is adorable as well! love her name, hehe :D

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, that one photo of you generated a legit laugh out of me. Also, your dog is so precious!

    I do love that Marni collection, and for some reason the Alice + Olivia collection is taking me back to episodes of Desperate Housewives -- if they were all way younger and lived in the sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing reviews on the catwalk shows and your outfit is soo cute :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow awesome! your dog is cute. love your outfit and faces :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style never ceases to amaze me. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loove this. your style rocks. awesome shorts!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. my little sisters name is madeline, i really like your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shorts and your beret are amazing! And what a cute puppy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. woow i love the Acne photos
    and you look amazing
    i love your vest!

    http://milk-thief.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look awesome, I love the shorts and how accessorized the outfit.. there's always a lot of detail in your outfits

    www.fashionisinthebeholder.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. you always look too amazing for words super cute outfit. Great picks some really great looks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this look a lot! those shorts are awesome
    great photos x

    http://ceeharvey.blogspot.com/2011/07/100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a huge fan of A-Wang either; great reviews! I love your writing style and your dog (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. pet photos! YES! yo pup is so cute. & your little red hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you're too beautiful, girl! love everything about your outfit. and acne's collection rocks, so sad i can't afford it, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all: you look stunning!!

    Second of all: I loved reading those small posts about those collections :D I totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny you mentioned David Duchovny-- I'm in the process of re-watching all episodes of the xfiles :-) your eyeliner is smokin hot, lady. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this look! and your sweet little doggy!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE LOVE LOVE ! I wanna red bennie now and a puppy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those Acne pieces you posted!
    Cute dog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. photos with your dog are sweet;))

    PLEASE VISIT:

    the-blondes-pancakes-of-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete