7.05.2011

90 - Pretend Like it's Still Yesterday

Headscarf - Vintage from Rose Bowl, Shirt - Wholesale-Dress.Net, Shorts - Thrifted Jeans Cut-Off, Belt - Vintage (Boyfriend's), Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell, Jewelry - All O'er the Place

Hi everyone! Let's pretend like I'm a good blogger and I actually put these up yesterday when it was the 4th of July, so that you understand why I am dressed like a firework. This was my very festive 4th of July outfit. My Facebook status update yesterday read, "Outfit, costume...same thing." I think it is pretty appropriate. 

As you can see, I am a classy lady who clumsily safety-pinned my $5 shirt into that thing you do when you are in elementary school and you are impersonating a sexy lady. Why, hello there. My taste has not changed much since I was 5-years old. 

I hope all of you USAens had a great holiday/three-day weekend. Nicki and I went to a rooftop BBQ party at our friend Colleen's house, where a band called Stupid Manson played (I think that was their name anyway -- if their name was in fact something different, I am going to be very disappointed). 


I'm sure you all saw Harper Smith's super Americana photos floating around the interwebz lately, but in the event that you have not, here is my fav:
Wowza, right? Holy Ghost Blog has more up here.

28 comments:

  1. The fringe top is too perfect. All of these photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into the fact that you did not wear something with the American flag on it, and still looked 4th of July appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love... especially the headscarf thingy... it looks amazing with your tattered (this is a good thing) hair :)

    xo

    your sweater will be on it's way to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your top so much :D cool necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, I have been loving those Harper Smith photos!! I love your firework outfit, your turban & top are an amazing combo.. And the turban looks so great with your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like this, don't think its costume-esque at all. and totally diggin' the '5 year old shirt twist' xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this look! amazing top

    -Winnie
    http://winniereally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome per usual...
    ;)

    <3m
    www.themavenpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shorts are so ridiculous, but you rock them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that top is amazing you look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice look...
    love it ;)


    STREET LIFE: McQUEEN details
    http://t.co/mT9yFzm

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous!! perfect outfit :)
    love ur rings!

    sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. God, this outfit is just wonderful. You had me going through Wholesale-Dress looking for that top, up until I read that you'd pinned it like that. (I'm not sure why I elected to wake up at 5.30 this morning.) I may have to try that out, because it looks pretty damn cool.

    I envy your rockin' long hair. You look really awesome with it! Mine used to be down to my rear end, but it wasn't working for me. (Kids at school teased me about looking like 'the girl from The Ring'.) Strangely, longer-than-shoulder length didn't work either. I don't understand hair.

    Harper's photography is absolutely gorgeous! You've fed my photography bug, and I thank you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your look, the headscarf looks so good with your long hair! also, your rings are amazing. jessica, www.fashionmeasmile.blogspot.com X

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome post. i love your hair especially, really bohemian! the head wrap thing is pretty cool as well. :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally in love with your blog..This outfit is amazing! Take a look at my blog: http://black-chocolate-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT turban... the colors are fab!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love ur style! Every outfit is amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so cute on this photos :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this look. I'm glad you went for understated patriotism. I adore those shorts...you can really put an outfit together lady.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This top is so original. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! Love the turban and the shredded top. I would love to see you as a fashionable 5 year old. haha.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR STYLE DARLING. YOU LOOK AMAZING AND YOU'VE GOT FABULOUSE CLOTHES AND JEWELRY IN ALL YOUR POSTS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are so great :)
    those clogs i'm truly lusting over

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you have some of the most creative style ever! amazing jewelry and a really interesting face! I just found your blog! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look very beautiful in this picture. I am really amazed by your hair in particular.
    Nice nice nice.
    And what's with the Danish coin? That's not something you see outside of Denmark very often.

    ReplyDelete