7.14.2011

93 - And now, something different.


Regular followers of this 'ere blog will know that every once in a while, I like to dress decidedly un-Madeline, which is oddly enough a very Madeline thing to do. In the spirit of this, I bring you my summertime adventurer outfit. I have been in love with this little belt-bag for a very long time, and was more than stoked when Jane from HereJ sent it over to me. I think it's, like, the most perfect thing in the world to wear out dancing, so you don't have to lug around your purse. Last time I went dancing, it was a soul night, and I had my trusty military bag slung around my shoulders with a jacket crammed into it, and let's just say that it is hard to properly groove out with three pounds flinging around your back all night (I once had a purse stolen from a bar when I left it at a table, so that's out of the question). Long story short, we are all going dancing this weekend, blog-friends. Get to LA now.

You may have also noticed me double-finger snake ring, which was a gift from jfr.se. JFR has mind-blowing jewelry, but I will do a proper post about that next time I wear more of it. The jewelry is actually remarkably affordable, so should you be motivated to peruse their website, keep a tab handy with Google's currency converter ready. 

In the meantime, I leave you with three Tumblr photos that make me go "M-hmmmmm":

Yeah...I think I'll be a lot more like that on my next post, but sans the colorful hair...unless I can find some Kool-Aid somewhere in my kitchen.

31 comments:

  1. perfect! thousand times perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice look... love ;)



    Vote Style: Hanneli MUSTAPARTA x Elena PERMINOVA
    http://magmoiselle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. dancing? where? when? can i come?


    pleeeeaase? with a cherry on top....

    and then i can just bring ur sweater :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your hair! love your ring!!



    Hope to see you on our blog,



    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love your style. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love the bag belt! and the hude pin-like buckle - amazing! you look sunning as always, have fun dancing the weekend away

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfit! i love your sunglasses and fishtail braid!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey just a question- that Swedish jewellery site that you listed, is the currency for it the Euro or the Swedish Krona?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with the belt and very perfect for dancing I love having me hands free and this is ideal. I am loving the fishtail braid doll you have done it perfectly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I typically adore everything that you wear, I think I love this even more! Your belt bag is great and you are right--it is essential for dancing nights away. You look sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this look from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look awesome...love your braid! I really want to know the brand of your nail polish?!

    http://lovelyfringe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your shoes and awesome ring! your hair looks great too!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. FANNY PACKS ARE COOL AGAIN!

    YAY :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look very cool in this un-Madeline outfit. Love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your hair looks great! and i love the classier feel to this look

    amy xo

    if you're ever bored...
    http://moonriverr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that little belt bag is like the cooler version of a fanny pack & I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your hair is so perrrfect & you have such interesting features.
    JFR is amazing too! ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  19. this bag is the cutest! and your hair has inspired me to finally figure out how to make this braid :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the bag is perfect!! Wish I was still in LA and we could so go dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madeline in trousers/pants? And silver peeptoe sandals? Oh my =o! Just kidding, it looks great on you =D And that clasp on your fanny pack/ bum bag looks like an oversized safety pin, which makes it even more awesome than it already was! =D

    ReplyDelete
  22. this look is very nice. your hair looks great like that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. your fishtail plait is just perfection.... not to mention your outfit :D love it

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this outfit so much I can't describe! Everything is right on spot, and you look damn pretty!! I think I want to print your photos out and hang them on my wall :P Okay, that sounds really creepy :/

    ReplyDelete
  25. ahh you look so great! and I also love those tumblr photos..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love everything about this outfit, especially that belt-bag hybrid which I find seriously inspiring on so many levels!

    - Minty


    http://mintyandpeaches.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I constantly check your lookbook and blog, just to see the lovely outfits you post. I could write so much to tell you how you inspire me . thank you for these wonderful looks, you have an amazing style.

    ReplyDelete