7.22.2011

97 - Oh no! Same hair as last time.

Shirt - Vintage (Boyfriend's), Shorts - Courtesy of Romwe, Shoes - Santee Alley, Rad-Colored Crystal Necklace - Courtesy of Unearthen (ZOMG!), Big Cuff + Snake Ring + Cross Earring = Courtesy of JFR.SE, Other Jewelry - Konstantino + Random, Lipstick - Revlon's Kiss Me Coral, Nail Polish - OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape

I want to start off today by saying that I feel we really had a great little discussion on the last post! Everyone had some great feedback/input, and I'm certainly biased, but I feel fortunate to have such intelligent and awesome readers. So, you know, thanks for always being the best. Also, I want to reiterate that I certainly have no problem with wearing whatever-the-heck-ya-fancy, as long as it comes from a place of considered aesthetic appreciation and not from a place of condescending exoticism -- from where I know most people don't come, but sometimes fashion media puts these really offensive monikers in our heads and it becomes second-nature to use them.  Y'all know I love my turbans and kimonos and beaded jewelry and daishikis and block-inspired prints and handloom-inspired wovens and all of that jazz. I actually think that I was just born with something bizarre in my brain that makes me want to wear anything that I find particularly attractive. "That looks cool...I should probably put it on myself somehow."

So, with that little recap and mushy lovefest thing taken care of, I want to move on to talk about this AMAZING Unearthen necklace, the gifting of which was coordinated by the always-wonderful Britney, who works at the Unearthen design studio when she isn't hawking her gorgeous vintage wears on eBay. This necklace is amazing -- the stone reflects a million different brilliant colors and is a little bit of psychedelic heaven. In case y'all didn't know, Unearthen was the OG on that whole bullet-case-with-crystal necklace thing. Now, they have expanded to do some absolutely stunning and very unique things, including phenomenal wrapping and multi-finger rings, as well as beautiful watches. 

Take a look at some of my favorite shots from their newest lookbook, hand-modeled by none other than Ms. Nicki!

Drool much? Please show the mega-babes over at Unearthen some love and visit their webstore here.

Also, reader/blogger LY did a really cute illustration of yours truly! Check it out here, and check out her blog here!

31 comments:

  1. your shorts are really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guh, I love the weathered t-shirt in this outfit. No tutorials that I can find manage to mimic the same look, unfortunately!

    I looked at Unearthen about a month or so ago and loved their jewelery, but I could never afford their stuff. However, by chance I ran into crystals like the one on your necklace on Ebay and considered buying them with my next check to make a necklace for myself, because the colours they give off are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE MUST COLLAB!!!!

    www.deepoca.net
    online vintage store

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been a fan of Unearthen for so long, but have never been able to afford a piece. Everything is ridiculously expensive! But well worth it, I'm sure.
    These Romwe shorts, on the other hand, I literally bought seconds after I finished reading your post. Been looking for something like these for quite a while now and the price was right :)

    Cad

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh yes unearthen has good stuff.. I love your necklace from them!
    I really like your lace up shorts & that top.. also your braids are sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic outfit. i always loved that hairstyle, even from last post. i want to try and achieve your exact hair! so unique.

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They did a prism bracelet?!?! Can't even handle. I still haven't even gotten the prism ring! Your necklace is fantastic and I feel like I"m indirectly channeling you because I'm wearing a super ripped up but SO well worn vintage t right now. And those shorts.. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the tee.... nice look ;D



    Vote Style: Olivia PALERMO vs Miroslava DUMA http://magmoiselle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look a little amazing! :]
    I love unearthen it's just REALLY expensive!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazin jewellery!

    coooooooool shorts and top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy awesome pants and shirt, you look awesome. And tag unearthed look book is amazing!

    Www.slambthejam.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you really have some unique pieces of clothing, you must have a great eye for it!
    and the jewellery site is awesome
    ceeharvey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome outfit! yet again :) love your shorts, and the jewlery is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style, it is just amazing! It is all what I love in fashion - you show yourself in breathtaking way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. give me your shorts. please! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your tattoes, and your shorts

    ReplyDelete
  17. another killer outfit doll totally love the grungeness those crystals pendants are amazing I need to check these out xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. yet another epic outfee! your hair just looks SOOO good like that! love love love. your jewels are pretty amazing too :)

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I just love your blog and your style is perfect <3 So inspirational! :) X

    amyloufashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look lovely, I really like yout top and tats!
    Also going to check that store out asap.

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely post! you look amazing! love unearthen! :) would love it if you checked out my blog-

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great outfit- so cool! The hair and make-up is so spot on for this outfit!

    stylebymj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. All these accessories are pure perfection, great combination!

    Kiss,
    Froso from Style Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  24. U R gorgeous! Love your blog :) I visit it regular ;)
    Kisses,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These pieces are so rad!!! I can't wait to start taking my metal-smithing & jewelry making class in the fall...hopefully I can churn out something just as covetable.

    Myriam from Myriad of Mischief
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I luv ur whole ensemble! I'm assuming the tee was a diy project rt? super coolness <3

    Tye
    www.lagelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.

    Hi-Vis Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  28. gr8 thanks a lot

    http://beauty-arabia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete