7.28.2011

98 - And the sky was made of amethyst


You may have noticed by now that every few months or so, I will go two weeks with really sporadic updates. The less of me that you see 'round these parts, the more work my boyfriend is doing. He usually takes my photos, but when finals hit (he is in college for motion graphics), he pretty much eats-sleeps-breathes school and has no time for my silly little blog shenanigans. So, for the past week, I have been runnin' around Los Angeles in several variations of the outfit from the post below. My uniform has been vintage beat-up tee shirt + cut-off high-waisted vintage jean shorts + vaguely southwestern metal-adorned vintage leather belt + gobs o' jewelry + Jeffrey Campbells or creepers or those Steve Madden cowboy booties (I have actually impressed myself with my ability to create versatility out of that basic formula). It's nice to take a style break every once in a while and just veg.

I'm easing back into the swing of things here, and nothing says easy like a Courtney Love homage. Gypsy Warrior got wind of my adoration of their webshop and sent me over a few goodies, including this gorgeous vintage slip (worn as a dress) and these two awesome rings. 

HOW INSANELY RAD IS THAT TALON/CLAW/CREATURE RING?!

 Speaking of Gypsy Warrior, did you guys notice that I added a "Recommended Shopping" tab up above? Those are all stores at which I either currently shop or would shop if I had disposable income. You'll see some of my affiliates on there -- that is completely unsolicited. There's overlap because I just tend to really like my affiliates, that's all. I have three sections up: online, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. I'll add more sections in the future.

I promise to be more engaging and charming and witty and whatnot soon. I've been floating around in a bit of a haze lately.

EDIT
I'm digging two new blogs:

34 comments:

  1. +++
    You are utter perfection

    ReplyDelete
  2. like a lil grunge angel, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your cross accessories! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your blog on the front of Chictopia and I haddd to come on over! I love your all neutral color palette, it fits you so well! I also love the plaid thingymajig of your boyfriends, too cute! Don't ever give it back! xxAnisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such a well-styled outfit. I love the combinations you made. This look suits you very well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit and lovely jewellery. As an atheist I never wear crucifixes though - I just don't want to give any Christians mixed messages. Do you ever feel the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such an awesome talon/claw/whatever ring, and not to mention your nail polish. That look is so summery and soft, you really pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. /this is so nuts...I was just about to email you personally and ask about your shopping reccomendations for the LA area. What a coincidence you just did a post about this lol. I am in california for my first time ever with my boyfriend and his family and we flew into LA tonight. I am about to go check out your list now. If you have any other reccomendations for must see things to do or see, please let me know! We r here for 2 nights then head all up and down the coast.

    Thanks madeline!

    -jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. im really liking this light color palette on you. it looks so crisp and beautiful
    francesca
    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for those links. Really nice blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look awesome! this nude colours make you look so femine and tender and at the same time, Lanas are making this outfit more wild... that's why I love your style and your blog so much!


    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this. your blog is one of my new fave fave favourites.
    xxx
    chloe

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so pretty and ethereal. I love the cross cartilage cuff. Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the all-mostly-white theme in this, especially the sweater. If I ever go platinum blonde (I keep flip-flopping on this idea) I'll probably be way too paranoid about wearing so much white in fear of looking washed out and overly pale, but you do it so well! I think it's because you use different hues and patterns, which is super clever.

    I've been feeling the same way about outfit posts, and blogging in general. Lately work has been leaving me drained and lazy, but I figure I'm going to use this 'down-time' to save up thrift store shopping cash to revive my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is too perfect. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice outfit! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow love this neutral color combo... and your NAILS!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colors and the layering.. everything works so well!

    www.fashionisinthebeholder.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely post! love how this is so neutral :) would love it if you checked out my blog-

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so perfect! love your outfit and all the cross acessories

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haaaa that happened to me too but I broke up w/ my boyfriend and then the person who was taking my photos moved to Chicago, but I finally got a camera so all is well. Anyway, I love that sweater, it reminds me of the sweaters from Rodarte x OC. Did you get those leather shorts?! I am dying to know. Oh and the 3dollars blog is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just fell in love with her hair cut....I think I may need to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful :)

    Please visit my English Fashion Blog:

    minnja.blogspot.com

    LOVE
    minnja

    ReplyDelete
  24. looove your style!! lovely nude cardy and dress. also loving your jc's!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look perfect, this outfit is so beautiful! And love your cross earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that sweater...great blog, im glad i found you...check out my blog, we're just starting out but hoping to get some groovy followers like you...http://hottrashvtg.blogspot.com/

    see ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want your ears! (is that weird?) I've always wanted to get "hole-punched" on the top, too! Uber-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey hey hey hey heyyyy cool outfit!
    question for ya:
    i'm dying for a pair of black litas, but im super broke. i found these lanas on karmaloop for like $100 and i'm feeling like they are an awesome alternative to the classic. would you suggest that i save my money for the litas or go for it and grab a pair of these babies?
    lemeeee know
    Jes

    ReplyDelete