8.03.2011

101 - Life's a Beach. Wear biker shorts.

Hat - Vintage, Shirt - Vintage, Bicycle Shorts - Old leggings that I hacked into biker shorts, Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell, Jewelry - Unearthen, Konstantino, Gypsy Warrior, JFR.SE, and Nanoukiko

This is the ultimate summer wardrobe. Take any huge, perfectly worn-in vintage tee and throw it over a pair of DIY biker shorts. Add jewelry. Done and done, my friends. It is the most comfortable thing you could possibly wear. See my bad girl attitude in these photos? I'm like, "Yeah, these are my pajamas. WHAT?!" And then I throw my arms out to either side, right when I say "WHAT?!", because I am punking you. Yeah. Take that, world.

You may have noticed a new addition to my necklace pile. See that stick-and-thread woven necklace? Well, one of my wonderful readers, Natascha, started her own jewelry line called Nanoukiko, where she makes these amazing necklaces, as well as some really cool yarn necklaces and bracelets. The best part? 

This necklace is $18. 


BOOM. Also, she is just a really nice, talented person. 

You probably already know what I am going to say here! I most likely don't even need to say it, but I will anyway...

Support small and women-owned businesses! Go check out Nanoukiko on Etsy. My mother's birthday is coming up. Perhaps you can buy her a gift. 

I went to the post office today and picked up many more amazing packages containing exciting things! Some of my favorite sponsors sent me over some goodies, like Chicwish and Romwe.  Also, some new buddies sent me rad shizzz, including BraveGrrl (who has a blog here!) and Love Dah. I am plotting outfits (and really, outfits are the least sinister thing one could be plotting [except for maybe cupcakes -- can you plot cupcakes?])...

32 comments:

  1. love it !

    follow me back !
    http://sandrasflashofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your accessories - and those shoes waaah!!!

    missdonata

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is niiiice. I'm definitely checking out her store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha oh love your posts
    cute shirt, and hat
    ceeharvey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful eyes!
    Love the necklace that Natascha made btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit, the hat is really cute with the tee and those necklace are stunning!
    Found your blog through your lookbook, love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This necklace is very cool, your jewellery is always fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your make up looks really good. and the jewelry, oh my god. i want them to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute necklace! Checking out her etsy store now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that's a very organic and nice addition to your pile of necklaces! maybe i'll make one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her store's awesome,and it fits with your pile of necklace's quite well. I may need one eventually. Also, I neeeeeeeeed that skeleton earring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great sunnies and that top is so cute!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. YO that pointer finger ring is unreal!!! where from??

    rustedrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i tried the whole biker short thing the other day and it didn't work out quite as nicely as yours. but now you gave me a better idea how to wear it!

    sara tee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeee that necklace :)

    and your rings are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the necklaces, so pretty! Happy friday! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can show you how to make the string/yarn necklace- love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  18. the necklaces are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so great. forever jealous that you can incorporate the sporadic braid into your mass of hair and have it actually stand out. strange thing to comment on, i know, but just thought i should put that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. snoopy is such an original badass. I love the tee. & everything else you're wearing. & just you in general (as if you didn't already know, duhz).

    ReplyDelete
  21. your outfit is just soo amazing and you j.c boots are just breath taking, your blog is soo lovely to by the ways, i will be visiting it again very soon :)


    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. gosh, my mum had nearly the same snoopy tee when i was a kid.
    love this outfit. :)

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look pretty damn awesome! You officially have a new follower. I love all of your accessories especially. and your hair.

    www.stylocrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have amazing accessories. I LOVE your shoes!! I've been looking for those for ever. I am an intern with Wear to Go Girls, and you should definitely submit your outfit to their facebook. Here's their link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. WONDERFUL BLOG!
    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    Thanks! kisses, Marti! ;DDDDD
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  26. great outfit and nice photo :o))

    truskawka-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the look and i have the lanas too!!! but in another color, love them <3

    http://indecisionisadisease.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. MD at Ever!
    www.ever-us.com

    cute look!

    <3m
    www.themavenpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol @ your post title.

    Snoopy is lookin cute on that tee. And you better believe those were macaroons from Louie! I bought 4 with the idea of just having a nibble out of all of them to experience the different flavors and save the rest for a late night treat. But actually, the bag of semi-bit macaroons stayed in my purse for the 7 day remainder of my cali trip. I found them again on the airplane back to Colorado and thought they might be worth tasting one last time.

    No bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  30. aah, your outfit is totally brilliant and oh so full of amazingness!

    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. madeline i don't know if you can get any cooler. everytime i visit i think "she can't top the last oufit" but you always do. you have the coolest accessories too. def. will check out the girls shop, i'm all about supporting independent artists and designers. and i'll let you know if i figure out how to plot a cupcake....

    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete