8.09.2011

102 - I would have been an excellent teen star in the '90s.

Top - Vintage from Yoshi Now!, Skirt - Vintage from Wasteland, Shoes - American Rag, Jewelry - All around but the big cross earring and most of the rings are from JFR.SE

Howdy! Long time no update, eh? This is my '90s teen sitcom outfit. I'm like Tia, Tamera, Clarissa, Rayanne, Six, and Kimmy Gibbler all rolled into one. I think that if I had been in a '90s teen sitcom, the premise would have been that I was the keytarist in a new wave band that discovered I could communicate with animals. Hijinks and misadventure would surely ensue, all while I tried to get my all-girl band to play at the prom.

I had, like, mega-rad LA photographer overload weekend. Boyfriend and I went to the charming wedding of Jason Lee Parry, where I had the privilege of meeting some fine folks from the high-up at Wasteland online. I was pretty stoked on their online shop opening up, but after meeting those darlings, I am beyond excited. Then, we went to a little get-together at Harper Smith's boyfriend's house. It's a good thing that I could figure out who she was, because I surely would have tackled her in crazed fan-girl mode if I could pick her out of the crowd. Photographers have been on my mind lately, since Brit and I are working on a fun little side-project that has been consuming most of our weekends. That part is mostly a secret!

Fall is upon us, and I am really excited about fall fashion. The most accessible thing about which I have been excited is this Eva Franco dress.


I am just such a fan of Eva Franco as a person, and her designs are simply swell; I want to wear all of her really pretty feminine dresses with black tough-girl boots and a motorcycle jacket. I also really want to figure out how to do my hair so that it is a french braid from the nape of my neck up to the crown on my head, with the tail ends turning into a pompadour. That is something my hairstylist buddy Abraham will have to teach me how to do. Speaking of, Abraham did the hair of my favorite model, Alli!


Abraham just put up a website, so if you are in the LA area and looking for a stylist, you should check him out. His rates are pretty reasonable and he makes house calls. For me, this is a major bonus. It means that he comes over to my house and watches strange '80s movies like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun as he cuts and colors my hair, while I get to work from home with my computer on my lap. Ain't nothin' sweeter than that.

Since this post is already shaping up to be random as heck, I'm going to round it out with some Fall inspiration. I was doing trending today for work, so I was all up on style.com. I don't know how I missed this on my first Fall go-around, but there is orange poppin' up all o'er the place!


Okay, I think that is a sufficient amount of random rambling for one post...

31 comments:

  1. the second photo of you is drop dead gorgeous :)
    And I love that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd looks from the fall collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that outfit, that skirt is so cute! you got me missing all those cute 90's sitcoms, but I heard Clarissa is coming back to Nick at Nite (I think!) but of course i don't even have cable...damn. nice fall inspiration pics, cant wait to wear all those gorgeous colors!

    Blog | Twitter | Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit, i love your blog, i find myself reading it daily you have such rad style xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this.. so much color , so much fun! you look great in everything and every style

    xo
    francesca

    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the top! SO pretty! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty surprised to see you've posted about Eva.
    I know Eva pretty well, I've styled for her lookbook shoots, as well as helped her out at NY trade shows. (extremely random, I know)

    She's very talented, but she is an awful person.

    but besides that, you have an awesome blog! keep it up.

    xxx

    www.waltzinblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the outfit, the shirt is gorgeous, the combination with the skirt and shoes is a lot of colour blocking, but I like it! The 90's was a really good era too, love the photos!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me start with saying how BEAUTIFUL you are!
    I love style and your blog. This outfit is amazing
    xxo
    惄

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pops of colors, they suit you sooo well!

    www.fashionisinthebeholder.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look incredible, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all those colours put together! you look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You look so pretty here! I love all the fun colors. You made me laugh with your 90's sitcom female phenoms. I surely remember all of them. I think you'd make it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit, the deep pink and the yellow contrast is gorgeous! Plus this has totally made me want to go an watch my so called life! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This KILLZ me.
    Every single time I think you can't, you've outdone yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very cute, i love it ! those shoes are too die for, and you look amazing!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving all the bold colors in this outfit!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that outfit is flat out amazing!! you should totally submit it to the wear to go girls facebook wall for best look of the week. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424 becasue seriously... this is the best! =)

    much love!
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol lol. good post.
    I like that whole outfit that the girl with the pigtails is rocking in the orange outfits. You always look super great, madeline. That top is suuuper cool. you are lucky to have met so many interesting and influencial fashion people, and to have a good friend & hairdresser!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that I'd be your girl if you used such phrases cause you's totally my girl too. & I love the "holy cow my eyes are on fire" effect I got after looking at these photos. meow sexy mama kimmy gibbler aint got shit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. let me just tell you how much i adore your idea for your 90's sitcom!!!

    love your outfit and the background, the skirt is perfect.

    as for the fall stuff, the orange pants are ridiculously fall-awesome. the last dress is pretty sweet too although shiny head-to-toe is not my friend.

    cant wait to see why you and brit are working on, some kind of store from what i gather?

    ReplyDelete
  21. babes you look awesome totally love your hair in these pics xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely colours,
    you're pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the styling and photography of your blog its amazing, keeps me clicking the "older posts" tab ! lol
    P.S LOVE your lizard/crocodile ring? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd pretty much die to work with Alli, pretty much ever since that zemotion shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lookin good! I love that skirt. You make me want super long flowing hair again so badly. And also to be white blonde again. I like that biker skirt Acne look a lot, I would kill to find a skirt like that for a reasonable amount of money.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love that eva franco dress!
    you need it. would be so pretty.
    love!

    <3m
    www.themavenpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. AWESOME outfit, lovin' all of the colors (especially the YELLOW) and that skirt is really interesting! i really dug all of the oranges in the fall collections too, one of my first posts was about contrasting oranges and mustards and stuff! love it

    cheers,
    --Megan//The Martian Tide

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this
    you look insane (in a good way)

    ceeharvey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete