8.22.2011

107 - Dotty.

Hat - Courtesy of Romwe, Blouse - Courtesy of Romwe, Shorts - DIY slashed cut-offs, Owl Purse - Courtesy of Romwe, Boots - Vintage, Belt - Vintage

Sorry for the hiatus! Twitter followers already know that Brit and I went on a little excursion to buy product for (I guess the cat is out of the bag) an AMAZING online vintage shop that we are opening. There are a ton of amazing online vintage shops already (call-outs to my favorites: Gypsy Warrior, Spanish Moss, Laced with Romance, Thrifted and Modern), and Brit and I are excited to join their ranks soon. Our shop will launch later on this Fall, carrying super unique vintage, as well as some of our own designs and customized pieces. You'll be able to think of it as your own personal online flea market. Also, we will be carrying men's product, too! Woohoo! Anyway, more on that later. For now, just know that I have not been updating this weekend because we have been busy little bees shopping around. I think my favorite quote from the weekend was when Brit said with hushed incredulity, "Rummage sale...in a cookie building!" The rummage sale was, indeed, in an abandoned cookie factory. Fan-freakin'-tastic, let me tell you. 

Also, how adorably kooky is this owl purse from Romwe? It was one of those things that made me giggle out loud when I saw it. When it came in the mail, I opened the package and stared into its beaded eyes with wonder. "How do you exist?!" I asked the owl. It did not reply, most likely on account of it being an inanimate object and all. 

In honor of ye ol' owl purse, here are a collection of some of my favorite bags available for purchase online right now:


PS: Thank you so much for all of the birthday love!

26 comments:

  1. Love this look. The shorts are so cute, and the sheer top gives it a very cool edge. I'm also obsessed with that bag! Anything owl, and I'm all over it! I'm so happy I found your blog off of chictopia! You have such an AMAZING fashion sense, and I'm literally envious of every article of clothing in your closet (sure, I may not have seen them all, but I'm just making assumptions here. . .). Your posts always make me laugh, and your outfits are constantly the source of my inspiration. I'm now following via bloglovin!

    If you have time, I would love it if you checked out my fashion blog. If you like it and decide to follow back that would be lovely, but ONLY if you REALLY like it. Hope to hear from you soon, and looking forward to more posts!

    xoxo

    DressingDaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question. For your DIY shorts, if you make them from long pants, do you have to hem the legs afterward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that owl bag is magical! so excited for you & brit's store to open! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard it was your birthday on Brit's blog. Happy birthday to you! How unique is that owl bag? Never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of your owl bag. It is soooo cute! It reminds me of the Kate Spade owl bag that I wanted so badly five or so years back.

    www.sugarcoatedstyle.com

    ☮ Lisa Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kocham kocham kocham! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing as usual, your plaits look so divine on you!

    Lots of Love,
    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do love your pants, awesome.
    www.ktzfrnk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy belated birthday love! stay amazing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bag is just so cool! i want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I love that bag! Your blouse is adorable too, love this whole outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute owl bag! can't wait for the store to open :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is pretty epic!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was psyched to hear on Britney's blog that you two are starting an online store. I'll be waiting with bated breath for your store to launch. Will you be making banners for bloggers to put on their blog's sidebar? I'd definitely be interested in advertsing for you! (I'll probably now start a fund of money for when your shop goes online, so that I can buy something immediately.)

    Really love your extra-floppy hat, by the way! Looks great with the pig-tail braids. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh! I'm so excited for your store! That is going to be amazing indeed! I can already imagine its splendor....

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool photos! you look great! and i swear you have the best collection of shredded shorts on the planet. loving the aztec bags as well! :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really looking forward to your online store, good luck.


    http://shemoveslightly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the shop! From your twitterings I assumed you guys were doing an actual brick and mortar style store. I'm pumped that it will be something I can actually shop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg love absolutely everything, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That purse is truly one of a kind! im wondering, what kind of prices will your online shop have? i know vintage runs pretty expensive obviously, so im wondering will you have some affordable items?(below $30?)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that Owl purse is like coolest thing I've ever seen. I immediately checked out the site, and wanted to buy sooo much. I'm from Sweden and hadn't heard about Romwe before so thanks for that. I'm a new reader here as well, your style and looks are fabulous! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blouse, it's gorgeous. Can't wait for you and Brit's online store!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are just the greatest...im excited for this vintage store!! im sure it will be one of my new favs on my bookmarked list of stores. hopefully the price ranges will be within what the common man..or woman can afford. yes? :)

    ReplyDelete