9.14.2011

113 - Me, me, me, me, me.


The visual part of this blog post could have stopped there, but it won't...because I lack any capacity for editing. Why look! Now I am wearing a strange jacket thing and it got a bit windy and my hair did crazy windy things!


And then we were about to stop taking pictures, but suddenly the lighting just got awesome and who am I to argue with awesome lighting?

Tank top - vintage, Shorts - vintage black jeans cut off then tie dyed with bleach, Belt - vintage gift from boyfriend, Shoes - wholesaledress.net, Jacket Thing - vintage, Jewelry - all over the place

And now, I present a series of fashion-related ramblings:
**************
Does anyone else feel like Blogger makes all of their photos look super yellow and desaturated? They look fine everywhere else, but Blogger is like, "Nah...I feel like making these look like they came from the 1970s." It's a little frustrating, because that wall was such an awesome bright teal, but I do respect Blogger's eerily human need to create art by altering photo tonality.
**************
I have been basically living in a variation of this outfit every day. Cut-offs and anything crazy and clashing. I wasn't even planning on taking blog photos on this day -- it was an "off" day -- but the boyfriend insisted and I'm glad he did because it's really a more accurate representation of how I dress. The process is really just me picking things up at random and adding them to my body throughout the day. I've also started wearing Vans with outfits like this, and I really like the effect. I've had the same pair of Vans since high school.
**************
I'm on the lookout for the perfect knee-length floral dress. It has to have short sleeves and a frumpy fit. I want to wear it over thermals and with flannels and all sorts of other cliche ways. Maybe some cliches are just classics.
**************
I'm thinking of taking out my extensions and dying my shoulder-length hair an obnoxious color. 
**************
Brit and I have been tie-dying everything in sight, then chopping it all to bits. Then, we are going to attempt to sell it to you on our webstore. "You liiiiiike?" I'm just going to write that under every photo on our webstore. No other copy necessary. 
**************
Christeric started following me on Twitter and I did a crazy fangirl dance.
**************
I'm super excited to write some runway reviews for the Crossroads blog! Stay tuned.
**************
I really need to paint my nails.
**************
FIN

30 comments:

  1. I don't mind the overload, I love every single pic! You're gorgeous!
    xxx


    London Last Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my sister school shopping a few weeks ago & EVERYTHING in EVERY store was neon colors & I commented to my sister how I loved all the 90's neon & the snotty sales lady was like all "yeah well if tie-dye comes back I'll hang myself". I now really wanna wear one of your tie dyed pieces & go back to that store & be like "what bitch.. hang yourself".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Madeline, you always excel at making me smile!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those shorts! my friend and i have been meaning to do something like that but we never got around to it, since we're so lame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures ! the close up shots are so pretty :) that belt is awesome ! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking super stunning girl !!!!

    Love the first pic so much ! Stylish and cool !

    Awesome outfit ..

    http://rocknrealprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit. I love a bit of tie dying too, but I'm a bit short on drying space here in my house. I hung up a batch of dyed bits in the bathroom the other week, then realised I hadn't left a pathway to the loo. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i also have troubles with editing.

    I dont mind looking your pics. you are so damn pretty and your style is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I don't know if I've ever had Blogger tinge my photos yellow before. I wonder what that's all about?

    I personally think you look gorgeous with longer hair...but on the other hand, I have the same urge to dye my hair a weird colour. (Unless platinum lavender blonde isn't a weird colour? Seriously though, I keep having dreams about it and I'm beginning to worry about my sanity.) In the end, if it's what you feel like you have to do, then go for it. You make everything look amazing, so I doubt you'll have any trouble.

    Oh my good lord, you'll be selling tie-dyed stuff on your store? Could you two people be any more perfect? (I've been wearing Brit's black and beige tie-dyed cut offs from her shop, but unfortunately when I wash them, the back end of the shorts roll up afterward, so I look extremely inappropriate when I wear them. I would seriously love alternatives until I can track down a clothes iron.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that shirt/jacket it awesome, you're my fave blogger otm :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wanna see the vans!
    and i totally think you should take out the extensions. loved the shorter hair on you.

    and ... you're lovely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, you look fabulous in a very Madeline way.
    **********
    NEVER argue with Fabulous lighting. Never!
    **********
    Effing love 90s grunge. Floral + flannel = cliche in the best sort of way. I'm guilty of it.
    **********
    Please dye the hair an obnoxious color. I will live vicariously through you if you do.
    **********
    I am personally stoked to have you on our blog today. I commend myself for having thought of it actually. In all actuality, I came to your blog to find a photo of you to put on the side of your guest blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl crush! You are so awesome.

    http://visionarydreamss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. yet another great ensemble you've put together!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the contrast of the two different prints, they work so well! I love your accessories too, so beautiful

    www.fashionisinthebeholder.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. definitely think you should dye your hair! (not that it doesn't look wonderful already)
    but I think you could pull it off really well.
    these photos are beautiful, you can never have too many outfit photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had so much fun the other day... we have to hang out again! And let me steal those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice outfit. I like your accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great outfit, i am liking those shorts so much, wonderful look :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are so interesting and beautiful! uh... if only I could take a photo of you. Such a pity I live in another country...
    have a nice day)

    http://christinabarcelona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. looveee the shorts, the top, the shoes...love all!!!! and your hairstyle is amazing! i adore it :)

    great blog!!! come to see mine?^^

    http://udontthinktwice.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is one of my favourite outfits of yours! I love the clashing prints
    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look SO great. I am glad that you posted an "off" day.. it is good to see what you were always.. Good decision on the hair situation.. I just dyed my bright orangey/red, and I love it.. bright colors are the best!

    ReplyDelete