10.13.2011

122 - In-a-Gadda

Dress - Tunnel Vision (coming soon!), Belt - Tunnel Vision (coming soon!), Jewelry - All Over

This post is all shameless self-promotion, really. Brit and I are launching an online vintage shop this December called Tunnel Vision, about which you probably already know. We are really excited about it. Personally, I was really stoked when I found this flowy '90s dress for the shop -- it's just so different than our other stock! We have a lot of gorgeous pieces from the '60s and '70s, but I thought that this was just enough pretty and just enough grungy. I went to her house the other day, where we have converted one whole room into Tunnel Vision land, and saw it hanging on the racks. I was tempted to put it on, so Brit was kind enough to humor me and take pictures in her backyard-thing. The belt is Tunnel Vision, too. Look at that tooled leather from the '70s! Sometimes I look at our stock and just go, "YAY!" and clap like an obnoxious child. I hope you all feel the same way when it's up and running.

I named this post "In-a-Gadda" after the Iron Butterfly song. I thought it would sound like "in the garden", as it is theoretically supposed to, but it comes out sounding like "in the gutter", which also works for me. I lady-ified this dress, but I think it would also look rad minus the belt with Docs and a beanie.

Speaking of vintage, do y'all know about James Rowland vintage shoes on Etsy? It's crazy how awesome that shop is. Here is just one of my favorites:
You oughtta be in pictures, boot.
****************************************
EDIT: When I first made this post, I accidentally typed Iron Maiden instead of Iron Butterfly, and then someone was politely like, "Um, Madeline, no." I swear, I need to proofread these things.. To my credit, who talks about Iron Butterfly ever? I talk about Iron Maiden nonstop, all day long. It makes sense that my brain would autopilot on the word Iron and just pop "Maiden" in there afterwords. However, it would have made MORE sense for it to type out Iron Man instead, given my proclivity for sophomoric action and comic book-based things. What happened there, brain?

28 comments:

  1. You look so lovely in this dress, and congrats on the store-can't wait to see what you two fashionable ladies are cooking up !
    By the way, love what you did to the place, the new font which seems reminiscent to that new show, An American Horror Story on FX (do you like it? Im now officially turned on to it), total radness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you supposed to sell this great stuff? Like, don't you kind of want to steal it from yourself? I guess I don't have that kind of self control. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'll for sure be checking out your shop once it's launched. Here's hoping I'll have ample room in my closet by then! :D

    www.atavisions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my freaking god, I am anticipating your online store more than Christmas. I'm just hoping your wares will be bank account friendly -- though I hardly mind asking for cash for Christmas just to spend on your inventory.

    Love how your hair came out, by the way. Now I know to try extensions if I want to grow my hair out and avoid the awkward not-short-not-long length hair. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So right about the levels of grungy and pretty. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh I can't wait!! I am sooo excited for your & Brit's shop!! <3 <3
    The belt!! so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly can't wait till you're online especially by looking at this outfit. Everyone needs more tooled leather. My hands are at the reader to clap like an obnoxious child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see the shop open! the sneak peaks are drivin me insanee

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida = classic song by Iron Butterfly. Meaning "in the garden of eden"


    you hair looks way better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the new blog layout. You look fantastic as always, what a beautiful dress! & love those little booties too. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ur accesories are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the dress <3 its beautiful! xx

    http://shesingsndrinks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is stunning


    Www.bettylafleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazin dress

    cool boot:)

    kissssss

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress...WOW x
    http://jo-diamondsandrust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want your dress!! Happy friday! XO Rebecca

    http://raspberry-rouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great dress! So excited for your shop! And your hair looks really cute this length!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look more beautiful here than ever before.

    The shorter hair is just...stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THIS DRESS IS SO PRETTY. & holy shiz balls did your real hairs get long!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post makes me very excited for Tunnel Vision.






    ralouphoebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like Tunnel Vision is going to be ace!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seems like everything looks good on you haha. I don't know if you've said this already, but is your shop shipping internationally? Just wondering ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. your "in a gadda" being thought of as "in a garden" logic worked on me! haha
    Store looks awesome! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want that dress. It's gorgeous!


    yesijukebox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete