10.19.2011

126 - A Little Black Dress a la Kelly Bundy

Dress - Courtesy of Telltale Hearts, Belt - Vintage (from Lemon Frog Vintage, birthday gift from boyfriend), Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell (from Karmaloop), Earrings - All Over the Place, Snake Ring - Courtesy of JFR

"Little Black Dress" is such a cliche phrase that I feel silly even saying. Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but a lot of little black dresses are just...well...boring. It's like an instant excuse to not need to put any effort into your ensemble. That said, you can still find some totally rad LBDs  that work for both day and night, and that ooze personality. I find that the best route to take to find the perfect black "maybe it's fancy, maybe it's cazzh" dress is to shop vintage. The one I'm wearing here was a gift from my favorite ladies over at Telltale Hearts, and it's got a lot of the same really cool puckering found on the black velvet mini from House of Maryanne that I wore a few posts back. It's a subtle touch of "rad". 

Should you wish to take the new apparel route, here are some of my favorite little black dresses:

30 comments:

  1. your shoes.. and the skull earring are just too much to handle. love. I quite like your little black dress.. and that belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Some LBD's are just so blah ;( but your's is definitely not. The texture is great! And I love how you paired the belt and your velvet heels with it.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree... vintage LBDs are the way to go... mucho personality :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the dress is textured and I agree, LBDs are almost always boring as fuuuuck. I love the leather one. Also, I've been lusting over those shoes for a long time now, so watch out. I might steal them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LBDs are always a staple in a girl's closet. Finding the right one is a challenge. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous. edgy as always but totally classy.

    gianna
    bluepea.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. madeline.. I just did a post titled "peggy bundy pants".. maybe our brain waves are connecting OR maybe I saw your post in my bloglovin' feed earlier & subconsciously had bundy on the brain.. either way, WEIRD. kelly was much better than peggy anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your shoes ! all your outfit posts at the moment are so beautiful ! so inspired :)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. woww!
    where did you get your earrings from?
    I LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfit is perfect!! Love your accessories and shoes!
    loved your blog, check out mine someday!
    www.fashionkats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwuuuh, all the dresses you posted are amazing. I need to stop looking at your blog, because everytime I do I want to buy things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVe this simple little get up. that dress looks awesome on you... and those shoes... those shoes have been a fav of mine of yours! EPIC!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so beautiful in this post! Perfect LBD!
    Love all your accessories
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those earrings are far too cool, and its nice to hear an opinion on lbd's that isn't just "oh, what an essential!" and see some examples of some that are pretty darn beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the dress looks stunning on you, wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. your earrings are rad, love!

    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just so freaking fascinated by that belt of yours. ♥

    Over a significant duration of this past summer, I'd been looking for the perfect LBD, but in a sort of witchy-mod style with bell sleeves, preferrably tent-style. Either that, or a velvet dress like the greyish (purpleish? As it looks on my monitor) mini dress you bought from Lulu's some time back. Now I'm all revved up to do some dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you styled your LBD exquisitely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely outfit!!
    just discovered your blog
    follow me back?
    www.linlicious-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I follow you :D
    ... maybe if your have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it , follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete