10.31.2011

Interlude - Happy Halloween!

Left: Me as John Lennon (thrifted turtleneck and blazer, American Apparel jeans, knock-off Chuck Taylors, J. Crew Belt, costume shop wig and glasses [they were sold out of beards!])
Right: My boyfriend as Yoko Ono (Chicwish dress, Target knee-high socks, thrifted sunglasses and loafers, costume shop wig and hat)

We're already so androgynous that we both make pretty fair members of the opposite sex, if I do say so myself. True story: one of my boyfriend's friends tried to hit on him at a Halloween party thinking he was actually a lady. At that same party, I learned that my dance moves look even more ridiculous when I am dressed like a British dude (they are already bad enough when I'm in full girl-garb).

The real John and Yoko.



27 comments:

  1. awwwwww so cute! my hubbie and i were david bowie and iman when we first met 5 yrs ago! i love couple costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh myyyyyyyyyy. As if I didn't love you enough alreadyyyyy. This is tooo great! haha

    Dressed up like a drag queen a couple years back and noone at the party got it (excpet for my close friends). they all just stared at me with a quizzical look on their face, as if they were not sure if I was trying to look cute or ugly. It was glorious.

    x Sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. that are definitely the best costumes ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a fake beard it would be PERFECT !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha XD
    Nice idea!! Did tou add a false beard? ^^
    Kisses from Paris, have fun ;)
    Pandore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh ! I had to look twice because I didn't recognize you. I thought who are these people that Madeline posted ? :) Excellent costumes ! You two are more than adorable. Happy Halloween love ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! Your BF really does look like a lady! And more like Yoko on the pic! Did you dress him up? Great job! Too bad you didn't have a beard. You two would've been halloween perfection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you two swapped! you both looked great, and your boyfriend really does make a pretty girl. sad you didn't have a lennon beard though your costume still looked great!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great costume choice! Gotta love John and Yoko. <3

    couturing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so good! I gotta show my bf...

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg! so goood. best couple costume ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! this is so awesome.
    love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius. I can't believe one of his own friends hit on him, that must have been one of the funniest moments of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude you guys win best costumes, hands down!

    ReplyDelete