11.01.2011

130 - Black Accessory Trifecta (aka BAT)

Dress - Miracle Eye, Everything Else - Vintage

Something about the lighting in this photo combined with the fact that I decided to get "craftsy" and apply a film effect in Photoshop makes it look like I have no shadows on my face, like maybe my face is just some big flat thing without any shape whatsoever. It's bizarre to look at, but I'm too lazy to undo the filgrain brightness thing, so that's what happening, right there, boom. The good news is that you can see more detail in the jacket, I guess, and my hair does look ever so shiny! Look at it there, glistening in the awkward light.

Okay, so I have this theory: if you add a black motorcycle jacket, black fedora or black beanie, and flat lace-up black boots to ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING in the world, it instantly makes it a fine-looking outfit. I've been testing this theory out a bit at home, and I am finding it quite foolproof. Throw on anything I can grab, then add the BLACK ACCESSORY TRIFECTA (BAT -- that's what we are calling it now, people) and presto! Quite pleased.

I am going to name this the BAT system. It has a nice vaguely-spooky-but-kinda-cute effect.

REAL BAT:

MY BAT:

I love it. It feels like a timeless tribute to '77. I can't wait to get my hands on a really pretty deco-esque dress with which to try it all out!

22 comments:

  1. hehehe. that jacket is rad. It is a good system. You look good!! I especially like the plaid under it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous dress! love velvet, I have the AA bordeaux dress (which looks similar to yours). you always look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you put 'Bat' in the post title and I saw the first picture I thought you had mistyped 'Hat' haha. Looking great as always and I'll soon be trying out this new trifecta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA it's so true! Black FTW

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    www.shopfake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go gurl. I think I'm going to have to test this theory...I don't have enough black accessories, though. Maybe someday. Anyways, you look awesome. I just discorever Miracle Eye the other day and fell in love. The dress is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seriously been rocking the BAT full force this fall. Docs, black hat much like the one you're sporting here, black leather jacket....I frequently also throw on some giant scarf or another, because a) it's already damn cold here, and b) I find it also has the make-anything-look-good-with-very-little-effort power.

    LOVE the velvet dress!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm convinced your theory is the reason so many buy black boots and coats. I have a seriously addiction towards black ankle boots. But that jacket is sweet. I would love to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this! lovely velvet dress.
    DO you OWN a real bat? whuut?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm liking this BAT system! it's a great reason to buy more black jackets and boots, so i will be telling my mother about this system pronto :) love how you paired em with your dress! which is gorgeous

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT GREAT POST!!! I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I get to the end of a post, I wish your blog continued infinitely, dating back to 4000 BCE and then 5,000,000 BCE and then some billion years before that because you are an omnipresent fashion being who is immortal.

    :~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BAT is brilliant. It's the basic format of most of my outifts.






    praisingshadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goshhhhh.

    first off, you & your bf BY FAR had the best halloween costumes I saw this year. I love that his friend was hitting on him. HA.

    secondly, I feel like bats are so cute. like that picture makes me want it as a pet. BUT they thoroughly FREAK ME THE FUCK OUT. one got in my house when I was little & I thought it was a bird & when I realized "oh shit, that's a bat" I totally when nuts. my mom was trying to unlock the screen door to get outside & 7 year old me was really just not trying to wait & I literally pushed her through the door.. like actually right through the middle totally breaking the door just to get out. so.. traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful post! i want that dress so badly.


    http://backyardgalaxy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah that dress is just like my minkpink leggings!!!

    Thea Natalie @ Creatures of Life

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your grungy style! i totally am following you now! and its all effortless! niceee

    ReplyDelete