11.23.2011

Interlude - Purple Plain-things-Eater


Instead of a purple people-eater, this blog is a purple plain-things-eater, because it destroys all wardrobe items that are plain and instead replaces them with POW! Click the pictures to go to the shops.

Sorry I haven't been updating lately, guys. We shot something like 4,000 product shots for TV. We don't have thousands of products, more like hundreds, but it has been exhausting and now we have to go through and pull our selects and color balance them and stuff. BLAH.

My next blog post is going to be about why vintage from online stores is so gosh-durn expensive. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears goes into it, let me tell you! The band, Blood, Sweat & Tears, actually. They come over and help us style all of our shoots. 
...
That's not true; I don't know why I lied to you.
...
I am clearly loopy from neglecting proper sleep. Do you guys want to see a sample of our product shots? They are kind of awesome and hilarious and our model is a mega-babe super-fun unicorn.

Model Hannah Doerksen wearing Tunnel Vision Coin Choker, Tunnel Vision Vintage Velvet Shrunken Blazer, Tunnel Vision Vintage handkerchief dress, Tunnel Vision Vintage Black and Silver Southwestern-Style Belt, Tunnel Vision Vintage Black Harley Davidson Motorcycle Boots, Tunnel Vision Vintage Sterling Silver Jewelry, and my gross old beanie

Also, thank you SO much for your input on the previous post. In response to the fine feedback, I am proud to report that we are:

1. Including "style with" tips on every single item, to show you how to wear our crazy pieces! Woohoo. 
2. Including a variety of sizes. I know this is a big deal. It's really hard to find vintage in larger sizes, as people were tinier the further back in history you go, but we are doing our best to include a variety. Off the top of my head, I know we have a phenomenal southwestern-style jacket in size XL, a gorgeous nude and sheer black maxi dress in a one-size-fits-most up to an XL, a pair of really cool floral print denim shorts from the 1990s in a size L, and some awesome boots in a size 9. I know there is even more than that, but I am spacing at the moment.
3. Offering fair pricing. As mentioned above, a lot of time and money goes into selling vintage, so we won't be able to make every piece super affordable (we have already invested thousands of dollars into this whole thing and we haven't even launched!), but we are making an effort to include a fair range of items. While a lot of items will fall between $50-$200, there will be pieces more in the $30 range, and as you all know, liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter will give you the chance to shop before anyone else, and to use a huge discount code. That should help a little. Sorry -- we can't do anything about shipping. We will charge cost on international shipping, but it shouldn't be too outrageous, especially because the US dollar is weak internationally, so it will seem like even less money to those of you in Australia or Great Britain or Japan (which are the most expensive places to ship). We will ship everywhere, though, worldwide.

For those of you who just look at photos and don't read (no shame, I do it occasionally, too):

THIS IS NOT A PICTURE OF ME. IT IS A MODEL. 

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT TELLING ME HOW HOT I AM. SHE IS HOT, OF COURSE. SHE IS PAID TO BE HOT. 

25 comments:

  1. LOVE. Cannot wait yo. I will be trawling the entire thing.
    Please buy the cute little purple velvet dress and take pretty pictures, tis tiniest bit small for me or i would have it in a second x

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for it! i love the boots :)
    frillsandfreckles.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met you but I'm super proud of you (the two of you) rock on ladies
    oh yeah and I'm waiting on baited breath!

    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait for TV to open! So glad you are making it affordable, because I've often wished that vintage stores had cheaper things.
    I'm also really sad that those purple boots are a size 7.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man madeline, you look soooo hot! i love this outfit, especially the boots!.......jks jks..i know its not you. see i look at the pictures AND read the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting soso worked up for this. It's nice that we get to see the amount of work that goes into opening a vintage store; it makes us appreciate and love the end result even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me laugh alot. Tunnel Vision is going to be a hit, don't care about expensive shipping I want some of this vintage goodness for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited..can't wait for it to happen!!! love the blog layout to

    http://berealbehappy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your purple picks.
    very excited about the store.
    your model is funkyfun.

    tracilavois [of the foxes]

    ReplyDelete
  10. your MODEL is hot!

    also, I'm ridiculously excited for this to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god I want that handkerchief dress the model is wearing! I can't wait for tunnel vision.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hot dayum those boots are a masterpiece. Ahh. I'm so digging the bindi on the model. What a sweet pose. I'm so excited to see more. ahhkjg abrglukerg
    I'm glad to hear you're going to do your best to price things affordably!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey look what we made!!!!! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck for your shop! i am sure everythings turns out great.

    I must also say your model is hot also those booys she is wearing and thepurple ones up there..yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so excited for tv ! i mentioned the launch in an interview i did http://www.ifashionmagazine.com/blogger-style-ashley-dean
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Purple is my favourite colour - and those are some awesome picks.






    praisingshadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such a lovely blog!

    ♥ justfashion-nothinelse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh my goodness this is so exciting ! I will be keeping my eye on this fo sho !

    ReplyDelete
  19. the boots are amazing. so looking forward to see Tunnel Vision opening. The things i saw till now - i felt like i'm in THE LSD-paradise! love love love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh, you look so hawt. I love your pose......
    ermmm kidding..

    I cannot wait for tunnel vision, everytime I see a sneak preview of anything I get so excited... bahh. Good idea on the style it with section. that will be inspirational and quite helpful..

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. So excited about your store hun..... so funny when I posted about your store I got a comment saying they liked my eye make up in the picture makes me literally lol when this happens xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. The boots are super pretty, too bad, it's sold and far from being my size eitherway :)
    I popped up here thanks to your tumblr, I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete