12.10.2011

138 - Velvet Shoes, Tie Dye, Booze

Harley Davidson Tank Top - Lucky Vintage Seattle via Chictopia Shop, Tie-Dye Leggings - American Apparel, Velvet Boots - c/o James Rowland Shop, Flannel - boyfriend's, Hand Necklace - c/o LSD

Yes, these are tripod photos in my apartment. While I took them, Brit's crazy dog Belka was trying to eat the camera. She didn't like the clicking noise it made when it fired. My apartment sounded like this: 

*CLICK* *NOM NOM NOM NOM* "BELKA, NO!"

So, that's why I was only able to get like three photos before Belka and I collapsed on the floor together wrestling, her gnawing on my wrist while I shrieked and giggled, and my uptight crotchety dachshund looked on with contempt. 

To make up for the boring photos, I thought I'd add some strange film textures via Photoshop. My lame thought process was that the shirt looked good and '70s, so I'd do some '70s action with my photo techniques. Well, obviously it came out atrocious and I was too lazy to adjust, so that's what we're stuck with here. I promise the next photos I post will be of a better quality. I'm out of practice. You deserve better.

I actually really, really love this outfit. This is the tank top that I bought off of Chictopia Shop. I had never purchased anything from ChicShop before, but they take PayPal so it was really easy, and I'm glad I snagged it (that reference is for Taylor) because that lady from Lucky Vintage knows how to pick her product. 

Okay, last but not least, when you blog, a lot of companies email you about things. Sometimes they want to partner with you, sometimes they just want to show you their lookbook. Most often, sorting through those emails is a pain and hassle. I feel as though companies just take a machine gun approach and email as many bloggers as they can all at once without stopping to consider whether or not the blogger is the right fit for their company. It's a waste of my time to look at ballet flats and dresses with bows on them, and it's a waste of time for the representatives from those companies to even include my name in the BCC field of their emails. I know my style is varied, but it's like these companies don't even pay a little bit of attention. Once in a while, though, a company will email me photos from their lookbook, and when I click (expecting to see something that I would never in a million years appreciate in the way that they are hoping) I actually see something I absolutely love. It catches me completely off guard. 

In a mass of emails that are completely irrelevant to my taste, Molten Store was one of those delightful rarities. This wonderful little webshop carries jewelry and gifts, featuring must-have celebrity lines like House of Harlow 1960  and Low Luv, as well as some under-the-radar collections like Anndra Neen and Maripossa, and in-house collection Molten Relic. Here are some of the absolutely stunning photos from their lookbook:


I'm dying. That model is fantastic (look at her eyebrows!) and the pieces are really quite remarkable. My personal favorite happens to be the simple metal choker. I love how space-age '90s that look is. 

I highly recommend checking out their webstore here

37 comments:

  1. Molten relic looks gorgeous, i'll definitely check it out! I love your Harley davidson top, it's amazing!
    frillsandfreckles.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those leggings!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this models too, her feminine masculine side is... I don't know, mesmerizing. Your outfit is amazing, i wish I could wear summer close now ugh...

    xoxo, Céline
    areyouincorrect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair looks cute in these photos! very pretty with the red lips too.

    awesome boots!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! its super retro and chic! whenever my dog hears my camera timer she justs walks the other way! Beautiful model too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat likes to rub her face against the tripod, which makes it fall over, which results in her having a massive heart attack. She then does it again about ten minutes later. This is why I haven't tried it out yet.

    This outfit is definitely one of your finest! Oh, how I have longed for those leggings on AA! And their disco pants. The only thing keeping me from blowing my money there is Christmas shopping for people. Also, I now can not stop going through James Rowland's shop. The shoes there are killer.

    I'm having a hard time believing that some of the stuff on Molten Store is actually affordable. I am just in love with the Molten Relic Waysiders Ring, I can't even express.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the photos!

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lady, ive seen your face around many times, you have such a special unique look,

    check me out;
    maesvision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh la la, that Molten store made me drool. Thats awesome that they contacted you, it seems to be a style that would fit you to a T.

    This whole outfit made my eyes bulge, the red lippy, those leggings and those sweet shoes, YES momma !

    As always you look lovely. And that Belka, she just wanted to get in on the photo-taking action too ! (Perhaps a doggy blogger in the making?). xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always adore your outfits. so 90's!

    littleivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your tank top so much! outfit is perfect as always

    KIRA LILLY fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool store! I'm currently marvelling at the rings. She dos have killer eyebrows. My eyebrows are jealous. Mine are so fair that they're virtually invisible.
    I love your velvet boots and after I saw them when you first posted about the I found a pair at my local thrift store and they didn't fit and I threw a mental tantrum. They look very nice with the tie due leggings and badass shirt-flannel combo. You rule! I think it's nice to see you doing tripod photos because. Think they're really relatable seeing as that's what a lot of us photographer boyfriend-less bloggers do. It's cool to see that you're just a normal girl who! This is why I love you so and leave creepily long comments! Ok sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit xx

    http://shesingsndrinks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool as usual! I love your hair in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. eee space age '90s!!
    this is the best outfit ever. kjfbld
    I am now looking at the molten store. more beautiful eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic model! Her face is so striking.
    This company obviously know your style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great hun :) Love tattoos, I have seven :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this outfit too the vest is awesome and everything is perfect even the pics xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eek those boots are amazing!! Love your hair here too

    ReplyDelete
  21. what lipstick do you use? it always looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like every time I leave you a comment it's just me telling you how perfect you are, but for real I'm loving these photos. they're beyond your usual perfect. maybe it's the lipstick. or that beautiful blanket-y/sheet background.. or something. but I love these. & I love the model's eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool outfit! I can't imagine wearing anything like it at the moment because it's freezing here. I've got on thermals and a big jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE you !
    Tie Dye is my absolute favourite right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. aaaah!! i love your blog! so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. That t-shirt is amazing! Looks great paired with those tie dyed leggings :)

    -Jani
    www.funfashionfit.com
    www.foottraffic.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a huge fan of filters and photoshop additives so long as they don't take away from what's going on in the photo, so I say continue on. Also, rad shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So happy that thick eyebrows have come back. Love the leggings with the vintage Harley tee and velvet booties!

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That lookbook is amazing. I need your boots, and I am glad you and Brit hate 'cute' things as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow, nice outfit! love the tank top
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. i have to check them out for sure. that simple metal collar is perfection.

    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh and you look awesome with the red lips and your hair like that, very vintage looking

    ReplyDelete