12.25.2011

143 - A Holiday Outfit & Presents

Jacket - Vintage (boyfriend's -- same from the last post!), Dress - c/o Romwe Chicwish, Boots - Dolce Vita, Jewelry - Konstantino

Whenever I see my family for the holidays, I try to make an effort to dress up a little. However, I find that it can sometimes be difficult finding a balance between something a bit "nice" and something that is still very "me". I liked the Hepburn quality to this dress, combined with the bright color (it seems festive and fun and light!), but felt the need to balance out the sweetness with the motorcycle jacket, and then add the shoes for an appropriate level of WTFness. This outfit basically says, "Hi, I recognize that this is a special occasion, but it's not like I can magically stop being weird just because it's a holiday." I think that's a good place to be.

The low chignon is my new favorite hairstyle. It even looks good on normal not-fancy days if you pair it with an eff-ton of jewelry (big fancy chandelier earrings!) and super dark lipstick.

On an un-outfit related note, the holiday has been quite enjoyable for me. The highlight of last night was definitely my father, who is over 6 feet tall and covered from knuckles-to-neck in tattoos, singing "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka to my cousin's three-month-old baby. That baby freakin' loved it, let me tell you. It was cracking up like a mini maniac. 

Okay, I have two holiday gifts for you all.

Her name is Sea, and she is beautiful and well-dressed and kind and interesting. I recommend checking out her blog here: http://lightsdrivemysoul.blogspot.com/

Check out my previous post for how to enter! The winner gets to choose an item from the Line & Dot website. Details are provided upon winning!

**************************************************
Normal outfit posts will resume soon -- you know, ones where I opt to look more like Kelly Bundy than Frenchie from Grease.

30 comments:

  1. First of all, you look amazingggg! I love that dress paired with the leather jacket! And ...honestly this has got to be one of the most amazing/sweet things ever. I just got so excited... I kinda squealed. Best Christmas suprise everrrr! Thank you so much pretty ladyy.


    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress you're wearing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! I love your entire outfit (especially your dress) and your hairstyle; I'm definitely going to have to try that one out soon ;)
    -Angelina
    www.angelinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I similarly have the dilemma as to what to wear when I need to look nice but not a complete stranger. Definitely think you pulled it off and I love the bun. Plus great new blog, I'm now following her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress. Love the colour. Happy holidays!

    Christie

    Christie Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  6. this look is a different style that im used to see on you, but you look so lovely, you can wear really anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sea is perfect <3 & You're so gorgeous, I love your dress!

    littleivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! So festive and amazing. The boots are fabulous~ Merry Christmas!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job looking reals nice and remaining true to your style! I am excited for Kelly Bundy.

    Merry Christmas!
    ps your dad looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your boots are so hot! I think i might have to grab a pair for my wardrobe. Looking gorgeous as usual! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

    http://ccowland.blogspot.com/
    http://ccowland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's exciting seeing two of my favorite blogs on the same page, you both rule!

    Now I need to say something funny after your tweet about awkward non-funny comments on blogs. Maybe that's creepy of me to reference, but amen to that.

    www.slambthejam.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you styled this and yes still very you. The dress is gorgeous love the colour on you hope you are enjoying the holidays xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the low chignon, and how you made this festive yet prim and proper dress into a true Madeline look with that awesome moto jacket. You look so lovely and nordic looking with your blond tresses. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. holidays & stuff are the worst for dressing.. it always takes me forever to figure out how to look "appropriate". but you pull off frenchie well. that dress is way pretty! glad you had a great christmas madeline! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You changed your blog layout! I used to use your blog as my link to all the other blogs that I like :( and now I forget all the names

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have agood blog articles soo good and i hope to visit my blogs if u want to make exchange contact me thanks a gain ,,,
    Articles4Arts
    Léducation Nationale

    ReplyDelete
  17. that leather jacket looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. consider me officially inspired by her hair...its length and color are way perfect

    imsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these girls have the most amazing hair. **slightly jealous** haha

    -Jani
    www.funfashionfit.com
    www.foottraffic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous post and amazing blog!
    Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this post and your blog,is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Before I even started reading, I was impressed with how you managed to dress up but still look like you :) Never lose your edge!

    xo jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete