1.29.2012

153 - Who Cares

Shirt - Human Dust, Jacket - Virgo (downtown LA), Shorts - c/o Romwe, Jewelry - mostly c/o LSD, Boots - Jeffrey Campbell Tardy's (mine are actually red -- I photoshopped them to be black in that first picture, shhhhhhh!)

When I lived in San Francisco, I had a totally awesome boyfriend named Brian. He is freaking rad. However, we eventually realized that we were really just supposed to be friends, so we split up, but did not split ways. Now, Brian is one of my best friends and favorite people on the planet. Dude is awesome. He is in two really awesome bands (Punch and Loma Prieta), and he takes pictures and makes art, and he makes books, and he designs t-shirts for bands and for huge companies like Banana Republic and Nike, and he models, and he runs an online merch store for hardcore bands, and (as if all of that weren't enough) he runs his own t-shirt line called Human Dust.

WHEW. So, when Brian showed me the designs he was working on for Human Dust, I flipped out over this Who Cares? tee. I love that it looks like the Nirvana cover for Nevermind. I forced him to send me one, then I cut it into pieces and tie-dyed it (and now he is probably regretting even sending it to me -- too late, sucka!) and now it is my favorite shirt ever. EVER. So if you have $25 to spare and want a rad tee shirt, I recommend taking a look at his store.

GO LOOK AT IT NOW:

Okay, I'm done trying to force you to look at my friends doing cool stuff. Sorry...

In other news, this jacket is modified vintage from Virgo, a semi-legendary store in downtown LA that is run by two rad ladies who do amazing vintage mods. This jacket is a combo of a denim jacket and a baja hoodie, and I freaking love it. They also do cool stuff like combine bleach-splattered denim jackets with leather motorcycle jackets. If you're ever in LA, it's a must-see store, and it's conveniently near Santee Alley (holla). 

Blah, blah, blah, talk, talk, talk. 

35 comments:

  1. ohhh i just loveeee that top of urs! He should make them just like u do haha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great in these pics!!


    http://placequotehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome outfit hun and how amazing is your friend a dude of many talents loving the tee and your DIY job and that jacket steals the show it is freaking amazing and the stores sounds fab now I just need to get to LA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should give a tutorial on how you cut and dyed the shirt. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt is great! I love what you've done with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice top and shorts *-*/
    love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totallllly just died looking at those tee shirts, wish I had the spare cash. Your friend sounds like the coolest/busiest guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your jacket is so amazing! i love the difference in texture between the sleeves and the denim

    KIRA LILLY fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing!
    I love your style and you blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair, it's amazing!! I've passed by Virgo so many times when I go buy fabric. It's a nice store, I just wish it wasn't so out of my price range. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww just love this tee and the jacket. Want to be in LA... It's so cold here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might need to learn how to sew just to replicate that jacket. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always look so amazing! Major girl envy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that shirt is amazing. i neeeeed to buy one and make mine like yours!

    xx, thefashionenthusiast1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving those shorts so much! Great tee, too!

    Cheers,
    Savannah
    everybodysbuyingvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woahh I love this outfit! That shirt! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything about this look, esp those shorts and tee combo <3

    EGO OF FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  18. That jacket is BEAUUUUTIIIIIFULLLLLLLLL. I am crying in happiness to have laid eyes on such a creature.

    http://bianca.kastorandpollux.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. looking gorgeous, great photos

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. ah! that jacket is raaad. I like what you did with your ex-boyfriend's shirt. tie-dye FTW! You have really creative friends!!

    Also, never stop wearing your hair in those little braids.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love lovvvvve this. Shirt is rad. Wish I had your boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I neeeeeed me that jacket. those sleeves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love what you have done to the t-shirt.. and the design is nice. That's an interesting typeface, I like it. Also loove the jacket! I love jackets with sleeves that are a different fabric. Looove them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally love this touch chic look. The t-shirt prints really has a keen for details.
    buy aion account

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love his shirts! Such rad designs.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. yes...who cares, when you're this awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the shirt is awesome!!! i love it

    xo
    www.fluentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that shirt, and you've emphasised the Nevermind look with the choice of tye-dye colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the photos. Especially the close up showing the delicate braids. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like your outfit especially the jacket ,I think it may lead the fashion trend this year and you are the one who stand in front of fashion

    ReplyDelete