2.20.2012

160 - Midtones are Overrated

Shirt - c/o When to Wear vintage, Shorts - vintage Levi's DIY cut-offs, Flannel - thrifted, Denim jacket - vintage (boyfriend's), Ankh choker - eBay, Spaceship ring - boyfriend's, Yin-Yang triangle ring - gift from Brit, Evil eye ring - I think from a quarter machine maybe?, Sunglasses - Rose Bowl Flea Market, Shoes - Urban Outfitters, Lipstick - Revlon in "Wine Not"

I'm really into cat-eyed sunglasses right now. These ones are PERFECT, and they were only $10 at Rose Bowl.

This shirt was a gift from one of my readers, Kelsey (sidenote: I hate the term "my readers"; doesn't it just assume that I have some bizarre ownership over anyone who stumbles upon my blog? You are MY readers, MINE...it just seems freaking strange and egomaniacal to say that, especially because so many of MY readers are actually bloggers themselves...anyway...). Kelsey runs an Etsy vintage shop called When to Wear.

When to Wear has a lot of great garb for really affordable prices. Here are some of my favorite items:


     



Click on the picture to go to the listing, or check out her storefront here.

**********************************************************************

IN OTHER NEWS
Tomorrow (Monday -- perhaps it is TODAY by the time you read this!) we post new schtuff up on Tunnel Vision! We've got 160 new items to show y'all!

As we said on Facebook, tomorrow's update will feature:

ankhs, yin yangs, evil eyes, abalone, acid wash, THAT CAT RAINCOAT (FINALLY!), rough-cut crystals, horse jackets, velvet, palm trees, tie-dye (duh!), floral, jean jackets, crescents, embroidery, fringe, crop-tops, midi-dresses, turquoise, lace, kimonos, and more!

Remember: you get 50% off of all new arrivals on the day they are listed when you use the magic fancy Facebook code. The code will be listed tomorrow on the Tunnel Vision Facebook page (you may consider "liking" should you like us).

Should you not be interested in TV stuff and only be interested in my blerg, thank you for letting me basically spam you!

**********************************************************************

44 comments:

  1. You babe ! Sweet dark lippy and cat eyes, those sunnies are to die for. Love how you can pull together a casual outfit and give it a certain sexiness. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your lipstick color - definitely not overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...love it!
    http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-time-with-whitney-houston.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are perfection!

    B: lepenta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh Madeline, love you way too much <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing and you pull off that lipstick and choker soooo well. I am enjoying the shoes too. I'm going to go and 'like' Tunnel Vision on FB now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you dress like this! You do 90's so well

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're killing me, you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your blog is totally awesome! your style is amazing :O
    you look fab, you know it.

    love it

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole outfit, especially the rings, top and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your style. Those shoes are amazing!


    RGV

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing outfit!
    you are gorgeous *-*/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do the 90s so well love how you styled the shit! Love the Tunnel Vision update its insane!

    Kelsey

    www.whentowear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you're wearing here, so casual but really fun, especially love than yinyang ring, awesome. Plus i'm really excited for the new Tunnel Vision stock to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your looks! you are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just returned from a vivd flashback to me as a ten year old braiding my hair like that, what a ride. I'm glad we're on the exact same page about this awesome 90's revival! Totally awesome, as per usual.

    //

    also, thanks for the TV discount codes, way to spread so much internet-y love

    ReplyDelete
  17. this look is perfection! I love the sunglasses sooo much! xx

    http://coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I'm really into cat-eyed sunglasses right now. These ones are PERFECT..."

    Don't you mean, purr-fect? I'm so sorry, I just...I had to. You can smack me, I deserve it.


    Man, I really hope I don't miss this TV update! Don't have much cash left in the bank from my birthday, but I might be able to pull something off... I think my only worry is making it in time. I work 6 am (eek!) and won't get home til half past 11 in the morning... (This is why I'm getting an iPhone with my tax return. I need to be attached to the internet at all times.)

    Also LOVE THAT WASTELAND BUTTON ON YOUR JACKET. I saw them post a photo to Twitter via Instagram and just fell in love. I wish they sold them on their store, baww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, the update was today, right now!!!! Get on it!

      Delete
  19. i wore my hair similar last week :) love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  20. fucking obsessed with this outfit

    -jana

    ReplyDelete
  21. how do you just go around looking awesome all the time? you don't ever not look awesome! your shoes kinda made me drool a little.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look awesome!Great combo jeans jacket and shorts with tartan shirt and black beanie! Love your shoes- so unique!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I already commented on your lookbook, but I can't get over how cool this outfit is. I think it's a combination of the blue and white flowered top with the dark wine-colored lipstick and sunnies. gorggg!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect combination... I'm totally in love with this outfit!
    Love your blog! xx

    http://theneondust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seriously Madeline, can you get any cooler? Don't answer that. Love it, love it, love it. And damn, stop putting out so much cool stuff in your store, I can't catch up! o_O

    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this outfit those sunnies are perfection I am loving this shape I have just invested in a red pair just waiting for the sun to make an appearance here in the UK. Totally digging your denim jacket too hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome look, I'm at a loss as to how to comment on your most recent post (Interlude - Kinda Feelin' This for Spring), but I just so happen to know that it's actually from a shoot by London based photographer Viktor Vauthier. Tumblr can be so irritating when trying to find a source but I reckon it's always best to credit the source when you can! Here's his post:
    http://viktorvautier.blogspot.com/2012/01/emily-powell-jones_27.html Xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your style, is one of my favorites!
    Your blog is a "must see" for me, totally a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your blog! You look totally amazing!
    Your blog is really inspiring for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am seriously so obsessed it is ridicccc. I feel like I couldn't have dreamed up a better outfit in my wildest of perfect wardrobe filled dreams, but then again I feel like that about every single flippin thing you wear.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is SO PERFECT! The superb definition of a perfect outfit. Love love love the top!
    Wish I had this entire outfit in my closet, ready to wear! ♥

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wooow, I can't describe how much I love this!! I've just found your blog through your video which http://lightsdrivemysoul.blogspot.com/ reposted.
    I can tell you, I'm in love. With your blog, style and how sweet and down to earth AND honest you seem!

    Xx Vic//God I Love Ugly

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great outfit - those sunglasses were a great find! I keep meaning to go out to the Rose Bowl flea market but I'm never in town the right weekend haha


    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete