4.14.2012

179 - A Leopard in its Natural Environment!

Leggings - c/o HereJ, Sweater - H&M, Boots - Vintage, Necklace - eBay

The country is such a novelty to me. I've grown up in urban surroundings, suburban at worst, my whole life. Whenever I see endless stretches of land in its natural state, I am overcome with a mixture of intrigue and heart-stopping fear. Horror movies have taught me that a whole mess of crazy happens out in the country...you know...where no one can hear you scream...

Whenever Brit and I go out of town, we make a point to stop and take blog photos along dirty middle-of-nowhere roads. She grew up in the country, so she feels quite comfortable there. I, on the other hand, am never able to focus because I'm too busy looking over her shoulder to make sure scarecrows aren't coming to life carrying scythes dripping blood. 

After we finished taking photos, we went back to the car, where this was waiting for us:


If you follow me on Instagram, you now know how old these photos are. It's before Luna got her babely summer hair cut. 

I will leave you with the song that always comes to mind whenever I find myself somewhere lacking asphalt and tall buildings:



EDIT: for inquiring minds, my instagram thingy is @madelinependleton

15 comments:

  1. I grew up in the city too but nothing fancy compared to yours. I'm not a fan of horror movies so I don't have any fear of going to the province (country) once in a while to have a breath of fresh air. :) Btw, what's your instagram name? I wanna follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! your leopard leggings are rad. and I'm totally following you on instagram now

    ReplyDelete
  3. rarely does anything ever make me happier than seeing wide open spaces and beautiful greenery. a forrest filled with trees and mist. the city feels nice (living in LA), and its a little different then the suburbs... but something about forests and mountains fills me up inside with happiness to the point that i want to burst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny-- one of my best friends has a bichon frise dog who looks JUST like yours, and is also named Luna! Dog name trend? Weird planetary conspiracy? Or just a cute name for a fluffy moon-white dog? Who knows.

    Awesome leggings, btw. Love HereJ! I buy stuff from them all the time

    2-or-3-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love it and you are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree with you on horror movies, i always do exactly the same when i'm outdoors. the boots are amazing btw!
    xo moiminnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great, very nice combination. the doggy is sooo cute, love having a look at pics of other people's pets! those boots are soo cool, I have a symilar pair, scored at 1EUR a few months ago, but they are mate, might consider giving them a shine. Thanks for that great song! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this sweater! I'm going to ask my mum to make something like that for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool outfit! love the sweater :)

    http://sweetindigoroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jens Lekman and this outfit?! Madeline, stop being so badass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your eyes are so pretty. cool look and that dog!!! cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. grrrrrll your hair is lookin' supah fyyyne.. it is fading wonderrrfulllly.
    :)

    I am also from cities so yeah I get the fear of the great unknownnnnnn spaces.. fok. I cant wait to hang out with you and Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing. The sweater is unexpected, but in a good way. Plus, your hair makes everything you wear five million times more awesome.

    ReplyDelete