201 - D'Lilac by Lime Crime

Jacket - Vintage from Melrose Trading Post Flea Market, Dress - Thrifted, Cuff - c/o JFR, Other Jewelry - Assorted, Boots - c/o OASAP

I wore this outfit yesterday to do the July lookbook shoot for Tunnel Vision, featuring the amazing Ms. Jessi Jae Joplin. Isabel and I were mad styling machines, pulling out the best in '90s Gregg Araki-esque  suburban mall goth looks. I'm pretty excited to show y'all what we came up with. Also, now I'm just bragging, we all went out to vegan sushi after the shoot, and it was crazy effing delicious. If you're ever in LA, do yourself a favor and go to Shojin in Little Tokyo. Brit and I eat there a lot, since it's next to the Tunnel Vision studio. Oh my freakin' yum.

It was probably nine million degrees in downtown LA yesterday, so I wore this super breezy (read: see-through) dress. My favorite thing to do with a simple or casual or downright lazy look is to throw a crazy special vintage cover-up on top. I even put together an email blast for Tunnel Vision in honor of this sartorial concept. It's like it adds instant interest. Try it sometime -- you can even do it with just a printed collared-shirt. Simple cotton dress? Tee shirt and cut-offs? Throw on somethin' embellished (open, unbuttoned) on top with a pair of boots and boom, you made an outfit.

Lastly, this is D'Lilac lipstick by Lime Crime.