On Jessi: a lot of stuff from a clothing swap + Barbierawk shoes
Jessi Jae Joplin and I went to the Treasure Island Music Festival last weekend in San Francisco! The festival was divided into two days: electronic and shit I actually like. I could only go on the electronic day, and since my interest in electronic music diminishes more and more the older I get, we spent the day trying to watch an act, deciding it would be MUCH better if we were on drugs, deciding not to do drugs, and then looking at all of the non-music festival activities instead. These activities included:
- Playing mancala in a Budget rental trailer filled with comic books, Legos, and an assortment of games (as well as a book on masturbation)
- Getting my eyebrows waxed
- Getting ten-minute body massages for charity
- Going inside of a weird Burning Man steampunk bus
- Eating soup
- Figuring out the foolproof secret to determining the best Porta-Potties to use (I'll never tell)
- Shopping for clothing inside of a cute little trailer-y thing
- Meeting some bros who were selling sunglasses
- Meeting some awesome readers (hey readers, hey!)
- Taking photobooth pictures in which Jessi looks all "BAM! I'm hot!" and I look all, "Wait -- did it just take a picture? What's going on?"
- Discussing Little Eye
Basically, it was awesome. I felt like a dick for being there and not giving a shit about the music that was playing, especially when someone clearly on E would walk past me wearing a bear costume and face paint just having a transcendental experience or whatever, but I also kinda felt like an undercover cultural observation specialist or something, watching foreign tourists hula hoop and makeout while nss-nss music blasted. Yes, I call that music "nss-nss" music. Just take a second to go "nss-nss" and you'll understand why.
All in all, the day was a success, even if it wasn't spent in the typical music festival fashion.
Check out Jessi's blog on Buzznet here!
Check out Jessi's blog network/group of general badassery The Fabulous Stains here!