10.30.2012

Interlude - Happy Birthday Brit!


Hey guys! It's Brit's birthday today -- woohoo!

In case you don't know, Brit is my other half platonic life partner dream girl. She co-owns Tunnel Vision with me and is basically the nonsexual love of my life. I met Brit a little over two years ago, and now I think about my life kinda in terms of pre-her and post-her. 

It's hard for me to put into words just how much I love this person. She is an amazing burst of lightness in an otherwise incomparably dark world. She is a constant reminder that there is hope in humanity. She is a unique and inspiring combination of selfless and strong, brilliant and modest, effervescent and grounded.

I feel like I should tell you a million stories about her, like the time she got into a fight with a fuckwad on her block who called the cops on a homeless man who was just trying to get some sleep on the sidewalk across the street from her house...or the time I got into her car and saw a bag of dog food on the floorboards (despite her owning 0 dogs at the time) and realized that she actually just carries bags of dog food around to give to homeless pet owners...or the ten or so times I've seen her rescue stray dogs and find them loving homes (our dog Luna included)...or the fifty or so times I've seen her give her last dollar to someone on the street...but somehow, none of it would quite do her justice, because as amazing as all of those things are, they don't even begin to scratch the surface of what a fucking awesome person she is. 

We will all just have to be content in knowing that there is some unnamable force inside of her that makes her perhaps the most magical person alive on the planet today.

Brit spends her whole life giving, and this is the one day out of the year where we are all allowed to give a little back, so let's give her some birthday love, okay?


Happy birthday to my favorite duck-herding day-tripper! I love you!!!!