7.25.2013

325 - California Surfer Chick from Hell

Vest - vintage, Top - c/o Dimepiece, Shorts - Bad Vibes via Tunnel Vision, Shoes - secondhand Steve Madden, Lipstick - Manic Panic

I posted a quick pic of this on my Instagram with the caption "California Surfer Chick from Hell" or something like that, and one of my hometown badass babe friends, Ashley, said, "That sounds like one of those old horror movies...Tromo???" And I was like, "Yeah, TROMO!" and someone else was like, "You mean Troma!" and then all of the sudden, Troma films flashbacks poured into my head, like Toxic Avenger and Surf Nazis Must Die, and then I remembered non-Troma films that I used to love around that same time, like Bad Taste and Dead Alive (made by Peter Jackson before he got all high budget-y Lord of the Rings-y) and then of course the Evil Dead kinda-trilogy, and then Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and I just thought, "Must rewatch all now."

And you should watch them, too!

So now I command: go forth and watch bad movies! Love them dearly and tenderly and recreate them in your backyards with smart phone apps and ketchup packets and make them so gory that your parents become nauseated and treat you with contempt! I mean, you know, if you're into that sort of thing...