9.18.2013

335 - Las Vegas

Hat - Actual Pain I think???, Dress - c/o O-Mighty, Sports Bra - Target, Shoes - YRU

I flew to LA after Montana and my friend Kali picked me up at the airport and drove us straight to Las Vegas for the trade shows. Trade shows always fascinated me when I was a teenager, before I actually worked in fashion. I imagined them to be glamorous and exciting. The reality is a bit of a letdown -- cafeteria-like settings with clothing brands set up like science fair projects in booths -- but still ultimately interesting. It's a great opportunity to meet people and discover new brands, so I thought I'd share a little bit with you from Project and Pool, two of the five or six trade shows Kali and I walked while in Las Vegas:

This was a weird tent thing they set up inside of Project. IDK...maybe they thought it was art or something.

We hung out at the Kill City booth for a while, because, duh, we work there and it's the best shit ever.

Check out them Kill City deetz.

Best shirt artwork.

The booths kinda look like this from the outside.

Some displays are really well done. This one made me want to go camping in a major way.

Threadless had an AWESOME booth. I mean, I don't really feel inspired or motivated by Threadless personally, but that trailer/light combo was speakin' to me.

Loved this fabric color wall. I also loved how you see the FOOD sign in front of it. It's like a juxtaposition -- you spend all this money as a brand to come here and put on a dog-and-pony show for buyers ("pick me! pick me!") and at the end of the day, it's still just a tacky-ass convention with FOOD.

Docs was lookin' good!

Over at Pool, Motel had an AMAZING booth!

That's Z from YRU. Love that dude. New shoes lookin' KILLER. HELLO checkerboard lovelies bottom left.

That's Clara and Bryn in the 24HRS booth. We work with them, too, so it was cool checking out the booth. 

Haruna was working with her brand United Couture. I insta-stalk her and was stoked to see her IRL. Girl looks good even while standing in front of a trash can. I mean, dayum.

Kali and I split to get lunch, but since I have a gluten allergy and recently went vegan, I just ate fancy salads everywhere. BUMMER.

The Cast is a badass brand outta New York -- rock and roll heritage FTW.

We met up with Hannah Beth and Jessi Jae Joplin over at Magic, too, but by then, I was too tired to mess with taking photos. C'est la vie.